• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2020/21

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The opening round-a-bout since the 2019 Ashes will finally reach it's conclusion:

- Bancroft
- Harris
- Burns
- Harris
- Bancroft

tony p

State Regular
Both Harris & Bancroft are off for a season of county cricket at the end of the season in a few weeks.
Bancroft back to Durham who he played for in 2019, where I saw him make an exceptionally fine 109 V Leicestershire at Grace Road, and Harris who is going to Leicestershire.
If one of them does something special, they may be opening with Warner come Ashes Time.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Both Harris & Bancroft are off for a season of county cricket at the end of the season in a few weeks.
Bancroft back to Durham who he played for in 2019, where I saw him make an exceptionally fine 109 V Leicestershire at Grace Road, and Harris who is going to Leicestershire.
If one of them does something special, they may be opening with Warner come Ashes Time.
We can only hope not.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Bad: Bancroft scoring runs. Did Vic forget the fine leg?

Good: Sutherland taking wickets.
On Bancroft, if anything I would say the opposite. Victoria, especially early on, spent too long bowling onto his pads and tended to give up plenty of easy ones and twos as a result

Starfighter

There's a chance they'll try shove Carey in as captain if Paine retires after the Ashes.

What's Inglis' keeping like? I have no faith in Carey's in Asia.

Gnske

Will take a bit more to push Alex "Unlimited human potential" Carey off his perch.

I like Inglis's gumption though. Plus his backlift is looking much less offensive these days.

TheJediBrah

There's a chance they'll try shove Carey in as captain if Paine retires after the Ashes.

What's Inglis' keeping like? I have no faith in Carey's in Asia.
Carey has so much undeserved* backing from the management that it wouldn't surprise me at all if he gets a long run, even if there are potentially better and younger options available

*not saying that he isn't an international class player who deserves backing, just that the level to which he is talked up is excessive to what he actually brings to the table

stephen

Yeah I'd be gliding Inglis sooner rather than later at this point. Carey's world cup will probably be the pinnacle of his career and based on what I've seen he doesn't deserve a shot at tests. If Hartley can't win a call with a vastly superior record and being a vastly superior keeper, Carey shouldn't be given one just to throw SA some charity.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Thoughts? @GAS
Strange take, don't see how Hartley is relevent to the conversation at all

Anyway Inglis performing is definitely a good thing, while I rate Carey it is certainly to the benefit of Australian cricket to have another keeper making a strong case for themselves. Depth is exactly what is needed

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Paris tonning up deserves a post. He's looked technically decent with the stick for a while but I never thought he'd pull that off. Reckon he probably won't again, too.

TheJediBrah

Paris tonning up deserves a post. He's looked technically decent with the stick for a while but I never thought he'd pull that off. Reckon he probably won't again, too.
He did make 90-odd against Tas last season too. I could see it happening as long as he sticks around in the side for a few more years.