• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka’s Tour of the West Indies-2021- All Format

cnerd123

likes this
huh, not often you see that

I think intent does not matter under current laws but would have to double check
yea so as per the copy of Tom Smith's I have lying around, Gunathilaka was hard done there. I'm not convinced he knew where the ball was. hard to judge that act as wilful.

Then again, as mentioned earlier, there is precedent for this in the past where they've interpreted the word 'wilful' to essentially mean 'in control of his actions'. IE, the batter didn't slip or trip his way into obstructing the field, but was in control of his movements that then lead to the runout.

SL imploding now, terrible running. Wonder if Akeal gets credited with that runout lol

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
yea so as per the copy of Tom Smith's I have lying around, Gunathilaka was hard done there. I'm not convinced he knew where the ball was. hard to judge that act as wilful.

Then again, as mentioned earlier, there is precedent for this in the past where they've interpreted the word 'wilful' to essentially mean 'in control of his actions'. IE, the batter didn't slip or trip his way into obstructing the field, but was in control of his movements that then lead to the runout.

SL imploding now, terrible running. Wonder if Akeal gets credited with that runout lol
This isn’t a court where we use case law, should be out regardless of what Stokes copped

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
For a debutant playing with so much confidence must be pleasant watching as a Sri Lankan fan...he is very organized at the crease and plays the horizontal bat shots with good authority. I like Bandara...Sir Curtly refers to him as Bandana.

Himannv

Hall of Fame Member
50 and out. Just when I thought he’d make use of the start and push us to a better score as well. What a letdown!

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Disappointing score after a good opening partnership. Really hope Sri Lanka can get back to where they were there a few years ago. They're my 2nd favourite team despite beating NZ in both the 07 and 11 WC semis.

Last edited:

Bijed

International Regular
Not sure on the obstructing the field here. The side on angle made it look like he *might* have known the ball was (although probably realised too late to do anything about it) but then he didn't exactly look in a hurry to turn around and get his bat down behind the line. I guess I'd say he was unlucky but didn't help himself.

Last edited: