• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 4th Test at the Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad, 4 - 8 Mar 2021

srbhkshk

International Captain
forget vijay and rahul, even the previous series' Parthiv patel wouldn't be a bad option in this lineup. The issue is a number of these batsmen are ageing and could result in us having an ugly tour away like the 2011 ones. For the nonce i don't really know what we can do as even Gill has technical issues to sort out, leave alone Mayank and Shaw who will undoubtedly still be around in a few years time.
I think they are all gonna have a second glorious peak before they burn out, our previous class had exactly that, although the current ones aren't quite as good so who knows.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
forget vijay and rahul, even the previous series' Parthiv patel wouldn't be a bad option in this lineup. The issue is a number of these batsmen are ageing and could result in us having an ugly tour away like the 2011 ones. For the nonce i don't really know what we can do as even Gill has technical issues to sort out, leave alone Mayank and Shaw who will undoubtedly still be around in a few years time.
Rahane has been such a tease. Plays a great knock and then goes missing for ages. Rinse and repeat. Think at some point we have to decide we need to look beyond him.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Thoroughly loved the last session, another 8 overs of same would have been priceless!

But hey the bullies will remain bullies! Moan all week about pitches when getting out to straight balls but as soon as someone raises a finger against them about their flaws, they try to shoot you down and sadly the indian fans here are too weak to speak up. And simply try to be nice all the time to pander to their 'imperial lords'! No one here had the guts to speak up against the one-sided pitch chatter (unlike the members of the team they support who all spoke up - Kohli, Rahane, Ashwin, Axar and Rohit) and so ofcourse this is minor in comparison.

So Indian fans of CW, you lot are the biggest disappointment! So very submissive like the indians of yesteryears.
TBF I had a strong stance on the pitch debate and I stopped debating after a point coz we all have different opinions(some people genuinely believed that the pitch was not OK while others were just moaning about the pitch for the heck of it). And I do agree that some posters are not transparent with their opinion and will try to fit in, but it's just about putting up a strong valid argument and leaving it at that. I don't think taking these things too seriously is good. The day I find people over here toxic, I'll just stop visiting the forums. PEACE OF MIND is priceless!

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Re.Root's captaincy today, you've got a side 140-6 and you push half you're fielders to the rope and offer easy singles. Very simplistic analysis but personally find it baffling

aitorita12

Cricket Spectator
Don't get the mentality of some of these youngsters. Once someone gets a century, they think their job is done and get out with a reckless shot. The height of selfish batting - team goals out the window? No need to apply once you reach a milestone?

Pant's innings itself was a pain to watch, hacking, muscling edges everywhere. Soon Test cricket will consist of baseball players recruited to bat simply because they smash. Oh how I miss Saha's calm, easy and mature strokeplay. Lets not talk about Pant's keeping.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't get the mentality of some of these youngsters. Once someone gets a century, they think their job is done and get out with a reckless shot. The height of selfish batting - team goals out the window? No need to apply once you reach a milestone?

Pant's innings itself was a pain to watch, hacking, muscling edges everywhere. Soon Test cricket will consist of baseball players recruited to bat simply because they smash. Oh how I miss Saha's calm, easy and mature strokeplay. Lets not talk about Pant's keeping.
Just like your face.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Just going to bed after midnight. Will probably wake up half an hour after lunch. Either India will still be batting or we’ll be four down in the second innings.

Chrish

International Debutant
Yeah there were couple of occasions when Stokes wore an expression of appreciation.
Hw reminds me of Warne in that regard. Warne however big of a dick he was, genuinely applauded opposition players when they played quality knocks. That famous Vvs/ Dravid partnership or that Shewag 155 knock, I still remember Warne congratulating them and I could tell it wasn’t fake.

Chrish

International Debutant
Going bit off topic but I personally feel this Indian side will get thrashed in England. Batting has just way too many glaring holes. Don’t see anyone bar Kohli playing well against moving ball and he is in dismal form atm.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Going bit off topic but I personally feel this Indian side will get thrashed in England. Batting has just way too many glaring holes. Don’t see anyone bar Kohli playing well against moving ball and he is in dismal form atm.
They'll be ok as long as they hold on to their catches. There are flaws in both batting line-ups so it's likely to be bowling shootouts more often than not where I expect India's bowling will create chances as or more consistently. Late summer too so hopefully the wickets will help.

sunilz

International Regular
And jammy runs from our 6,7 and 8 which is hopefully Pant, Jaddu and Ash. :laugh:
Lower order runs are extremely vital in England. Many times , teams will find themselves at 100/5 in 30 overs and then suddenly pitch has flattened out . So it is on lower order to score atleast 150 more and take the total to 250. This is where Curran hurt us last time.
So Pant + Jadeja + Ashwin have to play a very vital role.

Chrish

International Debutant
I have my doubts about Pant batting against moving ball. Happy to be proven wrong.

Gill will be useless IMO. And Rohit who is the most consistent batsman atm will struggle. Pujara also has a poor record there particularly in his county gig.