• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Team of the Series

Teja.

Global Moderator
Gill
Sharma
Pujara
Labuschagne
Rahane (C)
Pant (wk)
Jadeja
Ashwin
Cummins
Hazelwood
Siraj

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Bumrah was fairly average I thought. His average is still decent enough I suppose, but he was down on pace, binned his yorker, and was over-reliant on the short stuff. Rarely got the outswing going too.

Spark

Global Moderator
It's genuinely wild that Smith could make this team having made 10 runs in the first half of the series.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rohit
Gill
Smith
Labuschagne
Rahane (c)
Pant
Paine +
Ashwin
Cummins
Hazlewood
Siraj

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Yeah Smith and Labu made a lot of soft runs, especially the former, on easiest pitches of the tour to bat on.

My XI
Gill
Rohit - dire given he avg just 32. Shows how bad openers were
Pujara
Labu
Rahane - capt
Pant - wk
Jadeja
Ashwin
Bumrah
Cummins
Hazelwood

sunilz

International Regular
Yeah Smith and Labu made a lot of soft runs, especially the former, on easiest pitches of the tour to bat on.

My XI
Gill
Rohit - dire given he avg just 32. Shows how bad openers were
Pujara
Labu
Rahane - capt
Pant - wk
Jadeja
Ashwin
Bumrah
Cummins
Hazelwood
None of the runs of Smith and Labu were soft.

Had it not been for them IND was winning 3-1 such was the abysmal batting performance of AUS

Slifer

International Captain
Lol @ people selling Bumrah short because of his final average which was ok but not outstanding. What the stats won't tell you is India's atrocious/comical fielding that cost him tons of wickets. The dude kept on asking questions with the ball to the point that he was bowled into injury.

Slifer

International Captain
None of the runs of Smith and Labu were soft.

Had it not been for them IND was winning 3-1 such was the abysmal batting performance of AUS
Agreed. Soft runs imo come in dead tests. The series was very much alive when Smith and Labu made runs.