• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sack Langer

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It should have been our game plan to be aggressive against the debutants and force them off their lines and lengths. India are playing like they want to win. Australia are playing like they expect to win but have no idea how to do so.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Aus batting is bad, but at least it's not SL levels of bad.
That's saying very little. SL was batting incredibly stupidly. Australia aren't making egregious mistakes but they've let the bowling dominate procedings rather than trying to rotate the strike or put away the bad ball at least. Defensive batting is not a problem but you need to have a plan.

the big bambino

International Captain
I think our attack is over rated and has benefited from a weak era in batting. Apart from Cummins I’d like the chances of any batting team that bats time against our bowlers. I’m grateful for Lyon and he’s as good as you can hope for after being spoiled by Warne and McGill but I think his performances are patchy. Our batting is a problem and right now am hating Harris. Sometimes you have to expect an era of mediocre openers but Harris, Bancroft and Burns have returned tail ender scores for too long. They just can’t correct themselves. Which means the ostracising of Khawaja has been foolish and inexcusable.

Shri

Mr. Glass
It should have been our game plan to be aggressive against the debutants and force them off their lines and lengths. India are playing like they want to win. Australia are playing like they expect to win but have no idea how to do so.
indian debutants 10 years ago where either teens or in their early 20s with little experience. saini is 28, nattu is 29 and siraj is over 25 too

they can have a bad day sure but you are not going to shell shock them really because they have probably dealt with a lot of bad days before and can come back to fight

plus they are a bit talented too

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I think everybody has been avoiding the most important word to describe Australian batting

BoyBrumby

Englishman
This is not a great take
Yeah, Hazlewood is golden. Seems to get massively underrated for some reason. The Dizzy to Paddy C's McGrath.

Starc slightly more dogshit or diamonds, but when the force is with him good luck batting time.

Must admit when I read the posts from Stephen's down on this thread I thought of a score far worse that 287/5.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, Hazlewood is golden. Seems to get massively underrated for some reason. The Dizzy to Paddy C's McGrath.

Starc slightly more dog**** or diamonds, but when the force is with him good luck batting time.

Must admit when I read the posts from Stephen's down on this thread I thought of a score far worse that 287/5.
You get these dribblers in the s tour subbie saying India has broken Australia’s batting, as though the visitors are racking up scores of 500 plus by comparison. Fmd they got rolled for less than 40 last month. The last problem Australia has is its bowling.

the big bambino

International Captain
You know the sensitivity ... our bowling isn’t a problem. I just think it’s over rated and isnt the best attack in decades or whatever. It’s reliant on Cummins. Yep great achievement with a pink ball on magic mushrooms and an Adelaide pitch still zipping on day 3 but a banged up India did just bat out time quite recently and have been doing so without their best player. As they did on their last tour as well.