• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Test at the Gabba, Brisbane, 15 - 19 Jan 2021

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Is this a serious post? Why in god's name would CA have agreed to give up a home series to play their marquee series in a country with a worse epidemic? Come on, this is farcical.
Where did I suggest relocating the tour? What meant was BCCI would have done a better job at organising this tour in Australia than CA has.

Spark

Global Moderator
Where did I suggest relocating the tour? What meant was BCCI would have done a better job at organising this tour in Australia than CA has.
Nah, this is just you coming to a conclusion you've entirely prefabricated without any care for the extreme conditions and the enormous amount of work done on behalf of CA and others to navigate an incredibly complex situation whilst still allowing spectators to attend amidst a very nervous situation more broadly with a bunch of outbreaks around the place and trigger-happy governments. It's incredible that this tour has gone as smoothly as it has with no delays or cancellations as we saw in South Africa just weeks ago.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Nah, this is just you coming to a conclusion you've entirely prefabricated without any care for the extreme conditions and the enormous amount of work done on behalf of CA and others to navigate an incredibly complex situation whilst still allowing spectators to attend amidst a very nervous situation more broadly with a bunch of outbreaks around the place and trigger-happy governments. It's incredible that this tour has gone as smoothly as it has with no delays or cancellations as we saw in South Africa just weeks ago.
BCCI managed to stage the IPL in a country with all these issues and even more beaurocratic challenges. Not even thier own home country remember. But an autocratic country, amidst a raging pandemic.

You are just doing nothing more than lip service for CA here.

The whole point of having a Board is to do liaison with these different governments and ultimately ensuring that the tour goes ahead with minimal disruptions to the teams. Open your eyes and smell the coffee, they have done a very mediocre job at organising a tournament when the visiting team has to clean their own toilets and make their own beds, when they were assured of full housekeeping services ahead of playing the test.

Anyway, I have made my point.

aussie tragic

International Captain
So, Australia is going to win this Test, gain the B-G trophy and re-claim the ICC #1 ranking from NZ...World returning to normal thanks to the Gabba :)

Spark

Global Moderator
BCCI managed to stage the IPL in a country with all these issues and even more beaurocratic challenges. You are just doing nothing more than lip service for CA here.

The whole point of having a Board is to do liaison with these different governments and ultimately ensuring that the tour goes ahead with minimal disruptions to the teams. Open your eyes and smell the coffee, they have done a very mediocre job at organising a tournament when the visiting team has to clean their own toilets and make their own beds, when they were assured of full housekeeping services ahead of playing the test.

Anyway, I have made my point.
Your point is bad and disconnected from reality. The BCCI did not have to deal with crossing internal state borders or government-imposed mandates and restrictions throughout. You've been deathriding this tour and suggesting it be cancelled for entirely spurious reasons since day one and have been demonstrably wrong about that at every turn, you should probably reflect on that before you opine on things you clearly have not bothered to learn about.

At no point have you actually suggested what CA could have done to force the QLD government to bend to their will, especially when CA was under the same understanding as the BCCI with respect to the hotel conditions as they were party to the same negotiations. CA is a private entity, not the government, and as soon as the QLD government indicated they were taking full control over the hotel conditions it was out of their hands. This is just you, once again, suggesting that the tour should be cancelled rather than the long-standing agreement to play a test in Brisbane be fulfilled.

I think it says a lot about how much you actually care about cricket as opposed to needling other posters and showing off how awesome India is that your main contribution to these discussions has consistently been that Test matches be called off. Fortunately, neither the touring party nor CA is run by such childishness and we have had a worthy, highly memorable Test series as a result - one that you would have been quite happy to see cancelled if it meant getting one over dem Aussies.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Your point is bad and disconnected from reality. The BCCI did not have to deal with crossing internal state borders or government-imposed mandates and restrictions throughout. You've been deathriding this tour and suggesting it be cancelled for entirely spurious reasons since day one and have been demonstrably wrong about that at every turn, you should probably reflect on that before you opine on things you clearly have not bothered to learn about.
Like cricket

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
The BCCI did not have to deal with crossing internal state borders or government-imposed mandates and restrictions throughout.
It seems you have no idea about what happened in IPL or about UAE.

UAE is made up of seven emirates, each of them ruled by sheikhs and has their own rules and regulations. Abu Dhabi has the most stringent restrictions and had severe border entry restrictions for people coming from other Emirates, including quarantine and what not.

The whole region was reporting cases around 1000-2000 cases per day and was under partial curfew.

Amidst all this, BCCI managed to get members and staff of eight different teams, conduct simultaneous matches at.different "states" and ensured that the tournament, which spanned months, went off without a glitch. That's inspite of all these challenges and not without it. But like true professional board, they di their homework well in advance and secured necessary agreements with the different actors involved and then executed them perfectly.

anil1405

International Captain
Shaw will do well if he gets a chance now. He is an insanely talented cricketer.
W Sundar doesn't deserve to play
He is, and I love to watch him bat. But this stinking attitude of his needs to be sorted. He has been lacklustre for months now with no signs of wanting to improve or focus on the game.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
I think it says a lot about how much you actually care about cricket as opposed to needling other posters and showing off how awesome India is that your main contribution to these discussions has consistently been that Test matches be called off. Fortunately, neither the touring party nor CA is run by such childishness and we have had a worthy, highly memorable Test series as a result - one that you would have been quite happy to see cancelled if it meant getting one over dem Aussies.
Worthy? No. Memorable? Yes. Indian players won't forget this as they had to do DIY housekeeping probably since their U-16 days.

Edit : not regarding quality of cricket played. That has been top notch, nothing to do with the respective boards but players.

Spark

Global Moderator
Worthy? No. Memorable? Yes. Indian players won't forget this as they had to do DIY housekeeping probably since their U-16 days.

Edit : not regarding quality of cricket played. That has been top notch, nothing to do with the respective boards but players.
And you would happily have seen none of it had it meant you could gloat about “BCCI > CA”, such has been your consistent position throughout this entire tour.

aussie tragic

International Captain
What I find funny is that Australian players are in the same hotel with exactly the same conditions as the India players....but silence from them

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
And you would happily have seen none of it had it meant you could gloat about “BCCI > CA”, such has been your consistent position throughout this entire tour.
I hate the BCCI. They have colossally screwed up India's chances here by not arranging a parallel A tour - thereby ensuring decent player replacements. Also the way they handled the Sharma situation.

But credit where due, they did an outstanding job organising and executing IPL in UAE. Something CA could have learnt from them.

Spark

Global Moderator
But like true professional board, they di their homework well in advance and secured necessary agreements with the different actors involved and then executed them perfectly.
Seriously, have you been living under a rock? CA and the BCCI had such agreements. They were in place before the tour started. What changed was that there was a new outbreak in Sydney leading to border restrictions that did not exist at the time such agreements were made. The reason the conditions changed is because the conditions literally changed, and the government imposed new restrictions that did not exist when the pre-tour arrangements were made. What the **** was CA meant to do about that, get a time machine that allowed them to predict that Sydney would have an outbreak that freaked out the entire country and led to hard border restrictions being re-imposed?

That is literally the whole point of why all those last-minute negotiations took place to have special rules and restrictions regarding the hotel conditions, run in this unique case by the Queensland government, because the Queensland government imposed new restrictions. The IPL example just doesn’t compare whatsoever.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Seriously, have you been living under a rock? CA and the BCCI had such agreements. They were in place before the tour started. What changed was that there was a new outbreak in Sydney leading to border restrictions that did not exist at the time such agreements were made. The reason the conditions changed is because the conditions literally changed, and the government imposed new restrictions that did not exist when the pre-tour arrangements were made. What the **** was CA meant to do about that, get a time machine that allowed them to predict that Sydney would have an outbreak that freaked out the entire country and led to hard border restrictions being re-imposed?
I am taking about agreements with the State Actors mate. No between BCCI and CA. That is of course the bedrock.

The basic clause will be thst "Look QLD, we are bringing visitors and business to your state. These guys are state guests and be treated as such. They will live in bubbles and you ought to ensure basic hospitality to them and training facilities".

Otherwise m, we will have no option but to reschedule it elsewhere.

See, its not so hard.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

That is literally the whole point of why all those last-minute negotiations took place to have special rules and restrictions regarding the hotel conditions, run in this unique case by the Queensland government, because the Queensland government imposed new restrictions. The IPL example just doesn’t compare whatsoever.

Hammer the ****, Spark.

Won't do any good though, given the intellectual disadvantage the bloke operates at, but hammer him anyway. It's cathartic. I've long wanted the mods to understand the worth of giving some brain dead pillock on here a bollocking, and now you're getting it.

Good, good. Yessssss

Spark

Global Moderator
I am taking about agreements with the State Actors mate. No between BCCI and CA. That is of course the bedrock.

The basic clause will be thst "Look QLD, we are bringing visitors and business to your state. These guys are state guests and be treated as such. They will live in bubbles and you ought to ensure basic hospitality to them and training facilities".

See, its not so hard.
Did you not notice like the five times where I have consistently said the Queensland Government has not behaved well throughout this? My contention is that CA is not somehow responsible for the actions of the Queensland Government.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Did you not notice like the five times where I have consistently said the Queensland Government has not behaved well throughout this? My contention is that CA is not somehow responsible for the actions of the Queensland Government.
If they have not honored their part of the Agreement, why insist on then staging it at Brisbane then?