• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India's Tour of Australia 2020/21 - General discussion

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Crapinfo said:
Ishant Sharma (whole series). Mohammed Shami (three Tests). Virat Kohli (three Tests). Umesh Yadav (two Tests). Ravindra Jadeja (most likely, one-and-a-half Tests). Hanuma Vihari (most likely, one Test). Rishabh Pant (at least half a Test). Rohit Sharma (two Tests). KL Rahul (not close to the playing XI but out of the series). R Ashwin has tweaked his back too. Cheteshwar Pujara is playing with a hand injury sustained in the nets. This is the known list of injuries suffered by the Indian team on the tour to Australia.
Wow. :(

Add in Hardik Pandya and Bhuvaneshwar Kumar.

We are basically playing with our #1, #6 and #7 fast bowlers. And now without our two best allrounders.

Niall

International Coach
Fair, having a number nine who knew how to use a bat would have been handy this series also tbf.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A bit circle jerky in here atm for my tastes, coming from a country that only plays one sport and has about the population of the rest of the cricketing world combined

but yeah they are a bloody good team tbf

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
A bit circle jerky in here atm for my tastes, coming from a country that only plays one sport and has about the population of the rest of the cricketing world combined

but yeah they are a bloody good team tbf
How dare we celebrate a hard fought draw in a cricket match in a ... shocker... cricket forum.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
It blows my mind that you lot get 7 tests in ONE country with the same two teams in that timeframe.
Yeah, actually this can set a precedent. Teams playing such extended series over a year or two can give a better indication. Play two sets of three games each, or a three test series followed by a two test one - also kind of evens out inconsistencies like injuries and form slumps to key players which can screw a team (like how India has been this series), while retaining the same set of players more or less. It also reduces the length of the tour and the pressure on touring players.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Just to add, I think there were some asterisks and question marks put against India's series win last time around which was attributed to Aus kissing Smith and Warner. I think this series has been sufficient in answering those to a good extent, and showed India did earn their hard fought win.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just to add, I think there were some asterisks and question marks put against India's series win last time around which was attributed to Aus kissing Smith and Warner. I think this series has been sufficient in answering those to a good extent, and showed India did earn their hard fought win.
Not sure I'd go so far as to say that yet, given India could well still lose at Brisbane which would, if anything, prove the opposite.