• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That is the exact polar opposite of the truth, and you know it
I mean he gave away a win and you're still on his dick.

And look, this happens too frequently. Not every bowler is Cummins either in terms of quality or role but for a tearaway Starc's destruction to faucet ratio is heavily tilted towards the latter. He just goes missing too often.

Burgey

What ****s me is that he's got the reputation of a Stuart Broad when he just doesn't turn up often enough and his worst is waaaaay worse too. He just doesn't build pressure often enough and he's literally only there for dubious variety reasons.
I don't know where you get this from. I think Starc is pretty much regarded as a comparatively distant third among the three quicks by most everyone - even casual watchers of the game. And he certainly gets pretty proportionate criticism on here from everyone, including Australian fans. Him being inconsistent is a known quantity and the price you buy him at. I also don't think he's been particularly bad at all this series up until this test where he's received justified criticism for bowling poorly.

trundler

I don't know where you get this from. I think Starc is pretty much regarded as a comparatively distant third among the three quicks by most everyone - even casual watchers of the game. And he certainly gets pretty proportionate criticism on here from everyone, including Australian fans. Him being inconsistent is a known quantity and the price you buy him at. I also don't think he's been particularly bad at all this series up until this test where he's received justified criticism for bowling poorly.
The Comms always seem to rate him ahead of Gillespie and Haze

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
As everyone who actually watched the tests would know

The Comms always seem to rate him ahead of Gillespie and Haze
That's just you being deluded again

trundler

Okay I could be wrong on that one and that could be tainted by one sensitive moron but I'm still not a fan

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Like, you can have your opinion, but you seem to be in a world where Starc is given a long leash by fans which is not the world Starc has ever been in
It is literally the exact opposite of reality what he is claiming

trundlers arrogance only outweighed by his ignorance

Burgey

Like, you can have your opinion, but you seem to be in a world where Starc is given a long leash by fans which is not the world Starc has ever been in
He also hasn't really been given that long a leash in the side. He played all of one Ashes test in England last tour. He was good last summer against some pretty ordinary opposition, namely the current number one test nation, and has been fine this series up til Sydney