• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

Bahseph

International Debutant
Really enjoyed the series so far. Well done to India. What I enjoyed about Pant's innings today is the fact that it was a good example of "playing your natural game". He came out and played his shots because that's the most likely way he was going to have a lengthy innings.

Kudos to Ashwin,I thought he lost it with the bat a while ago and Vihari definitely has some fight in him.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't trust traditional wisdom about Australian decks anymore. Thank you PEWS for shattering my certainties. Is the Gabba actually bouncy?
Anyone who, you know, has actually watched a decent amount of cricket in Australia would know that by now

But no, it is apparently more interesting to be a casual and throw out wildly inaccurate statements, and then get all precious when called out on it

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyone who, you know, has actually watched a decent amount of cricket in Australia would know that by now

But no, it is apparently more interesting to be a casual and throw out wildly inaccurate statements, and then get all precious when called out on it
Are you sensitive about the Gabba too?

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Are you sensitive about the Gabba too?
Still trying to make this about me I see? Pretty pathetic really. You were shown to be completely incorrect, and rather than actually bothering to have a closer look you completely threw all your toys out the pram like the absolute child you are

trundler

Mitchell Starc averages 30+ against the top 7 in day matches against all nations except SL and WI who curiously happen to be not very good. Admittedly, his pink ball stats are great but they do skew results and mask his limitations. Also Starc wastes the new ball. What ****s me is that he's got the reputation of a Stuart Broad when he just doesn't turn up often enough and his worst is waaaaay worse too. He just doesn't build pressure often enough and he's literally only there for dubious variety reasons.

I'd be interested if @ankitj or somebody ran a batting average of batsmen dismissed vs bowling average stat on Starc. i'm happy to entertain with more truth bombs.

trundler

Still trying to make this about me I see? Pretty pathetic really. You were shown to be completely incorrect, and rather than actually bothering to have a closer look you completely threw all your toys out the pram like the absolute child you are
Do better.

trundler

Haha, as if you haven't entirely ignored what I've actually had to say and gone with potshots to soothe your ego.

Pick a ****ing lane. Fecal flinging is fine by me but if churning out trash with the regularity of Mitch Starc in a pressure situation while demanding considered responses is hilarious.

Last edited:

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha, as if you haven't entirely ignored what I've actually had to say and gone with potshots to soothe your ego.
Spark has already said pretty much everything that needs to be said from a statistical viewpoint. But of course you just stuck your hands in your ears and carried on spouting the same drivel, now in an increasingly miyagiesqe tone