• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Mate I’m genuinely not getting what point you’re trying to make here, sorry
It is really not complicated. You are saying

All finger spinners are mediocre. It’s just who they are as people
To which I said that this is the Tim Paine argument. He said earlier to Ashwin, that at least his teammates like him. Schoolboy kind if points mate. Come up with some thing better next time.

gabbadan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
My beliefs are consistent with my lifestyle. If a kid from a single parent family in the western suburbs whose maternal grandfather was a cable joiner and whose mother was a secretary can get to the point in life where he takes his kids out for $1,250 birthday dinners, that’s the Australian Labor Party dream.

You don’t have to be used as child labour in a local dam building project to lean left, chief.
$1250 birthday dinners?
What a way to raise kids.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Ah, didn't listen to his sledges this time, will check the highlights. I was referring to his brand of sledging a couple of years back, it was cheesy and funny simultaneously.
Back then he was an innocent "G rated" guy pushed to the limelight because Aus simply couldn't get anyone with "elite integrity" to captain them otherwise.

Fast forward to 2020, Paine is still very much the same guy, but under pressure to be the big bad hard talking R rated captain (maybe the easy wins last year against substandard oppositions might have lulled him) and tried to be edgy and actually goes way overboard and ends up grossly unfunny.

I miss the old Paine. This one is a sad shadow of the original.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It is really not complicated. You are saying

To which I said that this is the Tim Paine argument. He said earlier to Ashwin, that at least his teammates like him. Schoolboy kind if points mate. Come up with some thing better next time.
It’s long been my view finger spinners are inherently gash though. The most conditions-dependent and easiest of the game’s disciplines. It’s a mediocre speciality tstl. Regardless of where the finger spinner is from, theirs is the least skilful and most pitch-reliant specialty in the game.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shame KPat couldn't buy a run this season but I'd do full Spikey and pick him under the reasoning that form is a myth
eh, he's played 3 games and he's made a start in all the innings and then got out instead of making a score. the problem is, K-Pat kinda does that a lot

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket