• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oops. Great knock from Pant but I think he was biting a bit more than what he could chew there.

Draw still plausible but I can't see Vihari and Pujara (given what's below them) taking enough risks for India to win.

Window

U19 Debutant
nah i reckon he'll just get a good nut/bat-pad one. partnerships like those can really obscure how hard batting is to start with on pitches like these.
I hope he puts up a fight but he's made some rash decisions in previous innings.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
nah i reckon he'll just get a good nut/bat-pad one. partnerships like those can really obscure how hard batting is to start with on pitches like these.
Even Pant going max aggression only saw them get around the RRR, rather than get over it. Surviving another 50 overs is gonna be difficult.

cnerd123

likes this
Pant deserved the 100 there. Terrible time to get out too, just before the 2nd new ball

Big innings needed from Vihari now.

Niall

International Coach
not exactly a difficult prediction to make tbh. not at all a fan of how he batted post-lunch.
A lot of "that's the way he plays" type chat and yeah it was superb knock but he needed to rein it in a little. I wouldn't blame him much as assume he was following orders from management. Lets not forget he is a kid who was dropped not long ago.