• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

Kirkut

International Regular
Have you seen the way that bloke bowls? Arsehole always looks like taking a wicket regardless of the batting and the pitch. It's no wonder he's always positive.
He has an excellent attitude. I've watched Steyn occasionally going through motions when not getting a wicket but never saw Cummins doing that, always positive. Steyn is a far superior bowler though...

Shri

Mr. Glass
Making fun of someone's name isn't racist or I've had many racist remarks over the years made about my name by other white folks. Honestly if "Shiraz" for Siraj is now considered racist, then everything is racist and it loses its meaning. They're not calling him the racist c word or the n word here. They're calling him a beloved type of grape. It's not bloody racist.

Now if they in fact were having a go at the colour of his skin or doing something else which was racial in origin then throw the book at him. But if "Shiraz" is the worst of it then it's not racist and Siraj needs to pull his head out of his arse.
a lot of ***** tried giving me a anglo name in my time in sydney and i had to constantly shut that **** down everywhere i went

some of those included bobby, mike, steve etc when i wanted them to put too syllables together and call me ram, becasue i thought shri might be difficult to pronounce (tbf that might have been way over the aussies' aptitude so kinda my fault i guess)

its you who needs to pull your head out of your ass and get a clue mother****er

just shut the **** up about **** you don't understand you dense ****

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
a lot of ****s tried giving me a anglo name in my time in sydney and i had to constantly shut that **** down everywhere i went

some of those included bobby, mike, steve etc when i wanted them to put too syllables together and call me ram, becasue i thought shri might be difficult to pronounce (tbf that might have been way over the aussies' aptitude so kinda my fault i guess)

It's an entirely different thing. They're not giving him an Anglo name, they're giving him a name that's phonetically similar. I've had many such insults over the years. It's not racist, it's possibly abusive but it's nothing worse than what Hadlee or Anderson have had to face.

Shri

Mr. Glass
It's an entirely different thing. They're not giving him an Anglo name, they're giving him a name that's phonetically similar. I've had many such insults over the years. It's not racist, it's possibly abusive but it's nothing worse than what Hadlee or Anderson have had to face.
how about we just don't **** with names when there are possible culture clash issues eh

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
a lot of ****s tried giving me a anglo name in my time in sydney and i had to constantly shut that **** down everywhere i went

Ram would be an awesome nickname IMO.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And yes, I am touchy about this because if everything becomes racist them nothing is racist. It's how people come to identify with ***** like trump - everything they say is called racist so they wear the label with pride instead of shame. See: deplorable.

Shame is an important social tool which shouldn't be abused or it loses its power.

Kirkut

International Regular
I foresee some scares tomorrow. Starc is back to bowling like a drain and Lyon struggles in situations where teams go LO mode as he isn't the best LO spinner. Yet there comes a point in every chase of 400 where the pitch suddenly erupts and all hopes are squashed.
We don't have an LO type batsman now after Gill-Rohit are gone. I'm not sure if Pant-Jadeja are batting tomorrow.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Ram would be an awesome nickname IMO.
lol its how i got an opening to start a conversation with a chick that i dated for a few months

she kept saying it like how you'd pronounce the word ram when you talked about a goat

went on an epic rant about how putting together two syllables was out of her reach

had good rapport with her before that rant so it came across as funny rather than pissed lol