• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

Shady Slim

International Coach
india with a decent enough start that the win isn’t technically off the table yet but i highly doubt they’ll get there, or draw it

absolutely love to see green making a score because the die has been cast with green and the worst thing would be him not making a score and the populist knives coming out wrongly

however

wade’s failure does mean trav head or marcus harris (who exists only to prove that it’s possible to be a worse test cricketer than travis head) could come in next test and thats abhorrent

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Think the best thing about Green is that he's clearly already making technical adjustments to address his weaknesses. Sign of an adept cricketer who is keyed into his game imo.
Love it too. The anti-Joe Burns.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Think the best thing about Green is that he's clearly already making technical adjustments to address his weaknesses. Sign of an adept cricketer who is keyed into his game imo.
Made some nice adjustments vs Ashwin last test after looking terrible against him too.

Shady Slim

International Coach
still think that plonking the big size 14 down to the spinners won’t work in the subcontinent but you’re right and he seems like the kind of guy who when conditions reveal that weakness will fix that as well.

cummins mindset the whole team around

Spark

Global Moderator
still think that plonking the big size 14 down to the spinners won’t work in the subcontinent but you’re right and he seems like the kind of guy who when conditions reveal that weakness will fix that as well.

cummins mindset the whole team around
He's so tall that it just might tbh because his reach will allow him to get to the pitch of otherwise good length deliveries. Matthew Hayden certainly showed that for someone that big, really plonking on the front foot can be pretty effective, especially if there's not much bounce to worry about.

England is where I'm more concerned.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He's so tall that it just might tbh because his reach will allow him to get to the pitch of otherwise good length deliveries. Matthew Hayden certainly showed that for someone that big, really plonking on the front foot can be pretty effective, especially if there's not much bounce to worry about.
I'm not sure it's such a great example as:
1. It was pre-DRS; there's a fair chance he was actually out lbw a fair few times IMO.
2. He basically went out to bat with a broom. I haven't seen Green sweep much.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

He's got time, and an England tour is far away for him. At least he's capable of adapting.

What was KP's approach in the subcontinent? Don't think I ever saw his last efforts in SL and India.

Spark

Global Moderator
I'm not sure it's such a great example as:
1. It was pre-DRS; there's a fair chance he was actually out lbw a fair few times IMO.
2. He basically went out to bat with a broom. I haven't seen Green sweep much.
Yeah times are definitely different now, but his size definitely gives him a few options in terms of really playing of the front foot that most batsmen don't. It'll be interesting to watch when he gets there.

Shady Slim

International Coach

yeah that’s a fair point - he’s lucky that herath still isn’t going around because he’s someone who knew how to guile his way around either edge; ashwin can bring a similar mental edge to the game and was doing quite well against green in the first two matches so his spin play is something to watch imo.

what comforts me about his england play is that he doesn’t seem like the guy who’ll give it away flashing at a wide one which is where so many oz bats have come unstuck

All of this is distracting people from the fact that Matthew Wade isn't a test match batsman's arsehole.
but head and harris aren’t a matthew wade’s asshole either so what can we do

(maddog!!)

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sidhu was another tall guy who made attacking spin look easy by getting to the pitch of the ball. Played much straighter than Hayden if I'm not wrong.