• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

cnerd123

likes this
Interesting, I've never really thought of Ponting's batting as being overly hand-eye dependent. On the pull sure, he rarely got into solid positions but just ****ing nailed them anyways, was great to watch. But rest of his batting felt fairly sound technically to me.

halba

International 12th Man
Pitch is an absolute mindless road. What was paine thinking to declare. India to coast to victory with ease tomorrow. Plenty of overs and wickets in hand.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Interesting, I've never really thought of Ponting's batting as being overly hand-eye dependent. On the pull sure, he rarely got into solid positions but just ****ing nailed them anyways, was great to watch. But rest of his batting felt fairly sound technically to me.
He fell to the off side quite a bit and just nailed those deliveries through midwicket anyway. This became really apparent towards the end of his career when he became... less good at this.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He fell to the off side quite a bit and just nailed those deliveries through midwicket anyway. This became really apparent towards the end of his career when he became... less good at this.
Hope someone kept a counter of how many times the guy fell over just trying to play his trademark pull towards the end.