• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Tour's ruined, really. No one's fault, it just sucks with all the missing personnel.
We have five batsmen currently in some kind of touch (including Rohit because he looked decent too). At least a couple have to bat and bat big at the Gabba. Pujara has to be one of them, his forties and fifties are simply not helping the game along atm. One last-ditch effort from Bumrah, and some desperation from Siraj, Natarajan, and Kuldeep, and we might be able to put up a respectable showing again :thumbsup:

Flem274*

123/5
saini is far from the worst debutant pace bowler i've ever seen. he's a reserve, there's time to develop him. he's a far better choice than thakur who can't bowl or bat.

i haven't seen the other kid tbf

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Saini's bowled exactly, down to the letter, as expected. I hope we never see him in whites again. May he have a long and fruitful IPL career, don't get me wrong, don't want him to lose his livelihood, but he shouldn't even be an afterthought for Tests.
Do you really think he’s been that bad? Someone coming in as a n00b and bowling like Siraj is a far rarer occurrence than someone bowling how Saini has. As Flem said, have seen a stack of blokes debut and bowl worse than he has. He’s also doing it on the best batting deck of the series so far as part of a depleted attack. and Smith has found some form too. Pretty tough ask imo

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Do you really think he’s been that bad? Someone coming in as a n00b and bowling like Siraj is a far rarer occurrence than someone bowling how Saini has. As Flem said, have seen a stack of blokes debut and bowl worse than he has. He’s also doing it on the best batting deck of the series so far as part of a depleted attack. and Smith has found some form too. Pretty tough ask imo
I do, unfortunately. I mean, he's not a total rookie at the game either. He's 28 and has played more than 40 FC games, but really hasn't learned how to put together spells. Siraj is of comparable age and experience, but you can tell he chalks out plans and sticks to them the best he can. My hunch is he developed a reputation bullying batsmen at the lower levels with his pace (which, let's be frank, isn't tearaway either) and got fast-tracked for national colors because we love that sort of thing in India.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
IMO you can tell a bit by the fact that Saini's first class average is 28.5 and Siraj's is 23, (though no idea how their home pitches compare).