• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

Shri

Mr. Glass
I stand by that statement. You shouldn't have different rules for you.

If you think batting is not for you, don't come out to bat. We can't just change the rules because you don't want to face the same type of deliveries everyone else does. Your run counts the same. It's not fair to the bowling side that, for example, has tailenders with maybe enough skill to fend off a bouncer has bouncers allowed against them while another side they're facing doesn't. That's not how sport should work.
have you been living under a rock ****

concussions are serious and should be bigger than any sport given what it does to a person

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I stand by that statement. You shouldn't have different rules for you.

If you think batting is not for you, don't come out to bat. We can't just change the rules because you don't want to face the same type of deliveries everyone else does. Your run counts the same. It's not fair to the bowling side that, for example, has tailenders with maybe enough skill to fend off a bouncer has bouncers allowed against them while another side they're facing doesn't. That's not how sport should work.
A sport by rights shouldn't take 5 days to have/not have a winner in this day and age too. Cricket is idiosyncratic by nature and you need to apply a little common sense to who's capable of handling dangerous bowling and who isn't.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Play better...if you’re scared of the bowling just knock your stumps over
What a piss poor post. The steadfast refusal by even Australian fans (of all nations) to even entertain the conversation about possibly changing how we view bouncers is baffling to me. No one's calling for a ban but if we can give the umpires a little more encouragement to step in and ask the bowler to dial back intimidatory bowling, then I don't see the game massively changing for the worse.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
What a piss poor post. The steadfast refusal by even Australian fans (of all nations) to even entertain the conversation about possibly changing how we view bouncers is baffling to me. No one's calling for a ban but if we can give the umpires a little more encouragement to step in and ask the bowler to dial back intimidatory bowling, then I don't see the game massively changing for the worse.
I’m sorry, you’re talking garbage

cnerd123

likes this
Yea I'm all for umpires enforcing Law 41.6 more often, but there is going to massive amount of blowback from fans/coaches/media if any umpire actually does it during a game.

Perhaps ICC playing conditions can require umpires file a report for violations of 41.6 after the game, rather than take action on the field. This way any penalties can be issued after the game, and can be done by an independent committee/body. Protects the umpires and also prevents any on field drama.

I hope Pant is doing okay, but can't say I'm too upset about getting Saha behind the sticks. We need to take every half chance that comes our way this innings if we're to claw our way back.