• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What is this nonsense on Cricinfo about restricting bouncers to tailenders? If you don't want to face cricket deliveries, don't come out there.
I saw an article the other week comparing the bouncer to coathangering a bloke in rugby.

Only I've never seen someone play a back foot defence or hook to a swinging arm at the skull.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Theres nothing wrong with restricting (not banning) bouncers. Its always been a thing. If umpires feel its a little dangerous, they can always step it.
I think it's ridiculous that a type of bowling that wouldn't be dangerous for one player, is for another. If they want to say x change the number of bouncers per over - they shouldn't, but, that's one thing. But it should apply to all 11 batsmen. No time for different rules for certain batsmen. A run scored by #11 counts the same as a run scored by an opener. So the rules governing bowling to them should be the same.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just said on the radio Jadeja has been involved in 20 run outs in just over 50 tests. He’s been out seven times

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think it's ridiculous that a type of bowling that wouldn't be dangerous for one player, is for another. If they want to say x change the number of bouncers per over - they shouldn't, but, that's one thing. But it should apply to all 11 batsmen. No time for different rules for certain batsmen. A run scored by #11 counts the same as a run scored by an opener. So the rules governing bowling to them should be the same.
Ok then say that. Dont say " What is this nonsense on Cricinfo about restricting bouncers to tailenders? If you don't want to face cricket deliveries, don't come out there. " because that's a nonsense dudebro argument imo.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Australia now have 3 of their top 4 averaging 60+ and Warner who averages 60+ in Australia.

300 score and 400 lead coming up :)

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I didn't love the bouncers to Siraj, not out of any nebulous "spirit of cricket" reason, simply because it is a waste of time and energy to somebody who likely won't last long anyway
It's a constant in our bowling over the years. Admittedly we don't leak as many runs as we used to trying that tactic needlessly.

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
Not so sure about Australia making a big total here. Warner coming back after a while

It India can roll them for 180, it will still be a decent batting wicket

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
It's a constant in our bowling over the years. Admittedly we don't leak as many runs as we used to trying that tactic needlessly.
Agreed completely. It may be fun to watch on occasion but this brawn over brains approach really hasn't traditionally been an effective one

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Ok then say that. Dont say " What is this nonsense on Cricinfo about restricting bouncers to tailenders? If you don't want to face cricket deliveries, don't come out there. " because that's a nonsense dudebro argument imo.
I stand by that statement. You shouldn't have different rules for you.

If you think batting is not for you, don't come out to bat. We can't just change the rules because you don't want to face the same type of deliveries everyone else does. Your runs count the same. It's not fair to the bowling side that, for example, has tailenders with maybe enough skill to fend off a bouncer has bouncers allowed against them while the side they're facing doesn't. That's not how sport should work.