• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I definitely rate KPat, but he has done sfa domestically ever since getting injured at the start of last season

Wade was transiently useful as an opener, but honestly was on borrowed time already by the end of last summer, anything he did up top should count for nought when it comes to the middle order place that is realistically what he's fighting for

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i would have picked the person who should have been opening since fourth test 2019 Ashes and had the two kids at 5 and 6

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
On Head V Wade -

If it were upto me, I would go with the batsman who is getting himself out than the batsman who is always worked out by the bowling. The former has a chance to succeed through his own efforts but the latter would probably need the bowling to be less than their usual self to succeed.

On current form, Wade should play. Head is still young and hopefully more upside to him taking some time away from test cricket where he can be brutally exposed and work on his game and get better, maybe get a county deal.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
i would have picked the person who should have been opening since fourth test 2019 Ashes and had the two kids at 5 and 6
Khawaja? I think he would have been a good opening bat or #3 for Australia. If you expect him to perform like Smith or Warner in their absence, that is not his fault.

Spikey

i've been droning on about Khawaja opening for a year now I thought it was burnt into all your heads. I was expecting Burgey to reply immediately to tell me to beat it

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Horse has bolted imo. If they hypothetically had have promoted him to opening back then I agree it would likely leave Australia in a better position than they are now

Spikey

hey I have an idea, why not play Khawaja in the middle order instead of Wade/Head
seems silly to use him at 5 and open with Kid B who isn't really anymore an opener than Usman

again, horse bolted. but it's insane to me that a series of batsmen who are clearly inferior to usman (Harris, Burns, Wade, Head) have got games because they worked themselves into a selection issue and Usman didn't time a run of two good games at a good moment

beat it burgey

aussie tragic

International Captain
Now that we've worked out Khawaja should open with Pucovski at 5, how about Green?

I know the next allrounder Steve Waugh did nothing for about 20 Tests, but when will Green do something?

He was considered a bowling allrounder batting 8 until his injury where he re-invented himself as a middle order bat, but now in Tests he's not doing much more than Cummins with the bat and doesn't get to bowl much as 5th bowler?