• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That was out every day in shield cricket and worse would be given without thought in grade cricket.

Umpires too reliant on DRS.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is some serious ****ing pace. Playing it well.

Another top day’s play. About even over all, possibly Aus just in front on the “add two wickets and 25 runs” metric. India will want to still be batting with at least four in hand tomorrow night.

cnerd123

likes this
solid day's play. Rahane and Pujara did well to see off that bowling till stumps. India's fought back well today. Still a long way to go.

Great game.

morgieb

India would be happy with that day but an excellent last 30 overs from Australia. Wicket doesn't seem to add much either so I can see it being tricky for India to force a result.

Smith, WAG. Top, top innings.

aussie tragic

International Captain
India fighting hard for a draw scoring 2 runs per over on a flat deck. Predict India 3-150 at lunch tomorrow, 5-220 at Tea, all out 256 as they do their series usual of last 5 wkts for 36.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Excellent bowling by Australia. Wouldn't want to be out there with this barrage.

Need something by Vihari tomorrow. This is the kind of pitch he makes runs on usually.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
India fighting hard for a draw scoring 2 runs per over on a flat deck. Predict India 3-150 at lunch tomorrow, 5-220 at Tea, all out 256 as they do their series usual of last 5 wkts for 36.
Agree with this prediction. It really feels that in modern Test cricket, the sudden collapse is often a given.

TheJediBrah

Have a spell mate, you can't claim Green considering you were beaten to the punch on that one by... pretty much everyone else
wound up a bit tight today bud. I'm not by any means trying to claim that I picked him earlier than anyone else, just a figure of speech

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I thought 350 was par yesterday, seen nothing to think otherwise today. Australia a few runs below par here. Excellent bowling performance esp. by Bumrah and Jaddu to keep them to that. Australia obviously have the better attack and we are without our best batter, and I think I posted yesterday that 300 should be considered par given India's batting frailties. The opening stand has gone some way in mitigating that somewhat. A few poor shots costing wickets for both sides. But that is the risk with going for expansive shots against good bowling line ups.

I dont really see how or if this pitch will change too much. Warney keeps harping on about the pitch quickening up with some sun on it, maybe that will happen. Usually on such tracks, day 3 is the best time to bat, hopefully that is true for this one as well.

aussie tragic

International Captain
"Aussies may have axed wrong man"
Another brainfade from Matthew Wade will leave the 33-year-old with some questions to answer — especially with Travis Head waiting for another shot at Test level

@TheJediBrah to comment lol

aussie tragic

International Captain
Wade and Head are obviously not up to test #5 for Australia, but who to slot in. Patterson would have been ideal if he hadn't fallen off the planet since his Test debut. Maybe Maddinson deserves another chance?