• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

marcus1232

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I would be arguing for the batsmen and that was given not out and they reviewed and third umpire gave it out FWIW

cnerd123

likes this
26 off 77 is very typically Rohit. I'd be surprised if anyone expected any more from him. In context of this series he's exceeded my expectations, and his 70 run opening partnership is the joint-best of the series so far.

Gill is pure ***, hope he tons up. He's look so good today.

Hope Che Pu goes big

marcus1232

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I think Rohit would benefit more from batting lower down in test matches perhaps take Viharis spot and open Agarwal with Gill especially outside India ??

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pujara has always looked so clueless at whether to play forward or back to those short of length deliveries from Lyon.

cnerd123

likes this
I think Rohit would benefit more from batting lower down in test matches perhaps take Viharis spot and open Agarwal with Gill especially outside India ??
Rohit Sharma averages 26.31 from 19 Tests away from home.

His average per position in the lineup is:
Opener - 26 in 1 innings
3rd - 26.75 in 4 innings
4th - 4 in 1 inning
5th - 29.13 in 16 innings
6th - 24.36 in 12 innings

Vihari averages 44 from 13 innings at number 6 batting away from home. Vihari has also scored a test century away from home, something Rohit has never managed.

Moving Vihari to open to accommodate Rohit in the middle order away from home is literal insanity.