• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

marcus1232

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I mean how much more do you need? It pretty obviously missed the glove as it went past and by the time it went up, it was a good six inches behind.
I'm not disputing the fact he may not have hit it I am disputing there wasn't true evidence to prove that he didn't get glove on it.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It was a ridiculously hard decision to make, I have no idea how umpires are even able to do it, there should be an option for an umpire to be able to say "I have no ****ing clue, I'm sending this up"

****, Sharma gone :(

Spark

Global Moderator
I'm not disputing the fact he may not have hit it I am disputing there wasn't true evidence to prove that he didn't get glove on it.
I don’t really get the distinction. You saw the same replays that I did, it seemed plenty conclusive to me.

marcus1232

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I don’t really get the distinction. You saw the same replays that I did, it seemed plenty conclusive to me.
none of the camera angles conclusively showed he didn't get bat or glove on it. The one camera shot that would of shown if he did or didn't was blocked by wades wide rear.

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
What is this about
On Seven, Simon Taufel has a segment where he will briefly appear to say some blather about umpiring, usually after decisions (and in a small box in the corner of the screen the majority of the time). He is doing it from a room with all sorts of memorabilia lying around: framed posters, bats, stumps, etc.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
none of the camera angles conclusively showed he didn't get bat on it. The one camera shot that would of shown if he did or didn't was blocked by wades wide rear.
If an Australian batsman was involved, would you have said it should be given out?

Spark

Global Moderator
none of the camera angles conclusively showed he didn't get bat on it. The one camera shot that would of shown if he did or didn't was blocked by wades wide rear.
The combination of the front-on camera angle showed that it didn’t touch the glove or the bat as it was going past, before the impact with the pad, as there was a gap, and the side-on angle from point showed that after it hit the pad and rolled up his thigh, it was already well behind the gloves and couldn’t have possibly come into contact. There was more than enough evidence IMO.