• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bro I make comments into the abyss for a laugh. No need to constantly make me explain myself
This is great, but if you're going to go in with this attitude (I'm the same) you can't get offended and bite back every time someone points out you're talking ****. Can you imagine if I got offended every time someone called me out on some stupid thing I said here?

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is great, but if you're going to go in with this attitude (I'm the same) you can't get offended and bite back every time someone points out you're talking ****. Can you imagine if I got offended every time someone called me out on some stupid thing I said here?
I dunno, maybe it's the way Spark comes accross. Why is a moderator constantly burning me lol. I'm so harmless

anil1405

International Captain
Wade for sure but that shot by Marnus was fair enough. Just how responsible is Marnus for the weakness of the batting beneath him? Hard enough to play accurate bowling and wonder should I play that shot because I might expose Wade?
Cricket wouldn't have seen enough great batsmen if all good batsmen kept thinking this way.

TheJediBrah

He is right though. There's no reason to think that there are objectively better batsmen than Chris Green available for selection. Even if he couldn't bowl he'd be knocking the door down.

Spark

Global Moderator
Wade for sure but that shot by Marnus was fair enough. Just how responsible is Marnus for the weakness of the batting beneath him? Hard enough to play accurate bowling and wonder should I play that shot because I might expose Wade?
He's not obviously but I thought it was a pretty loose shot tbh. Got a bit carried away with thinking Jadeja was spraying it around, that ball was definitely not there to cut.

Daemon

He is right though. There's no reason to think that there are objectively better batsmen than Chris Green available for selection. Even if he couldn't bowl he'd be knocking the door down.
There's this young guy full of potential who was once the vice captain of the side. Averages nearly 40 in Tests and bowls some handy offspin. I think you'd like him tbh.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Just gonna say it is absolutely shameful that the BCCI are making these noises now. I understand the Indian players finding it difficult, I understand a formal request being made as soon as the new restrictions came to be post the MCG test but BCCI are doing what they do best here and playing politics, by waiting till this absolute last moment and putting CA in a quandary.

I feel the Queensland Government rules are stupid given the players are in a bubble but this has been the case for a while. BCCI's reported email apparently uses the word "hard quarantine". It is either

a. a way for them to tell the players that it is the same arrangement as Sydney and show as if they have "acted" on the players complaints. - I am hoping it is this and nothing else comes out of it and still think its the most likely outcome.

or

b. they waited till this last moment to heap pressure on CA which is absolutely outrageous. CA have been doing everything they can and it is absolutely the BCCI's fault for not speaking up earlier. The players just have to suck it up and get on with it. I hope CA does not cave.

I am sorry if this has been discussed to death before somewhere here since these new developments came about, just wanted to leave my thoughts. I have not read the entire thread for the last couple of days, have not had the time with other stuff going on.

Spark

Global Moderator
Just gonna say it is absolutely shameful that the BCCI are making these noises now. I understand the Indian players finding it difficult, I understand a formal request being made as soon as the new restrictions came to be post the MCG test but BCCI are doing what they do best here and playing politics, by waiting till this absolute last moment and putting CA in a quandary.

I feel the Queensland Government rules are stupid given the players are in a bubble but this has been the case for a while. BCCI's reported email apparently uses the word "hard quarantine". It is either

a. a way for them to tell the players that it is the same arrangement as Sydney and show as if they have "acted" on the players complaints. - I am hoping it is this and nothing else comes out of it and still think its the most likely outcome.

or

b. they waited till this last moment to heap pressure on CA which is absolutely outrageous. CA have been doing everything they can and it is absolutely the BCCI's fault for not speaking up earlier. The players just have to suck it up and get on with it. I hope CA does not cave.

I am sorry if this has been discussed to death before somewhere here since these new developments came about, just wanted to leave my thoughts. I have not read the entire thread for the last couple of days, have not had the time with other stuff going on.
Things might change again tbh, Brisbane is going into a hard three day lockdown.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Things might change again tbh, Brisbane is going into a hard three day lockdown.
TBH, like I said, I see why it is an issue for the players and it is easy to be sympathetic to their concerns if it was raised properly and at the right time. I guess these new developments may bail out the BCCI but I just want to point out it is absolutely shitty of them to raise this as late as they are doing right now. Like I said, the most sensible group in this whole thing has been CA and I feel bad if they are having to tense it out for absolutely no fault of their own. Most of the fault here with the current state of affairs, is with the BCCI.