• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
True Detective had the best titty scene of all time

Don’t report me cnerd this is on topic, I’m discussing how one finds his hands

Gob

International Coach
True Detective had the best titty scene of all time

Don’t report me cnerd this is on topic, I’m discussing how one finds his hands
Oh man remember that Daddario cuffed scene?

I had a huge crush on her after Percy Jackson before seeing that. Fair to say I did find my hands big time that day.

Maybe time to take a trip down the memory lane. Brb

TheJediBrah

Maybe because the ground has no give and you're using it to trap the ball and prevent it from potentially bubbling out of your hands on impact with a hard surface?
That wasn't the case at all in that example though. There was no need to use the ground to maintain the catch, he could have done whatever he wanted with it.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Don't think these things happen consciously anyway, more a result of catching technique (or the lack of, in Pant's case). It's the lack of awareness in the aftermath that grates, be it Pant not stepping forward and saying he isn't sure, or Ponting carrying on like a **** when he should know better. Remember one of either Rhodes or Gibbs taking a sideways-leaping, football-goalie style catch with both hands in an ODI in the 90s but then landing with hands cupped over the ball and ball obviously making contact with the turf. No slo-mo replays back then so the fielder's claim was upheld, leading to a Gavaskar rant on air.

Burgey

Thanks fellas. I think ****tiest may have been overdoing it on my part, in the heat of the moment. But hopefully tomorrow is a better day all around, for everyone, really, given what is happening to our American friends.
Hope you’re doing ok mate

TheJediBrah

Oh man remember that Daddario cuffed scene?

I had a huge crush on her after Percy Jackson before seeing that. Fair to say I did find my hands big time that day.

Maybe time to take a trip down the memory lane. Brb
I bought the DVD for True Detective entirely based on her stripping scene which I'd seen . . multiple times . . . online

sphynx

U19 Debutant
  • Genuinely do not see the big deal about Pucovski. He seems to be loose in a number of areas that bowlers will target at this level.
It was a scratchy innings mixed with some real class.

However you have to be blind Freddy not to see that this kid is going to have a huge future in test cricket.

Like Ponting at a similar age, he had all the time in the world for 95% of the balls he was playing yesterday. It looked like Bumrah and Saini were bowling medium pace at times to him given how much time he seemed to have to get in behind them.

He’s very much an old school test cricketer by the looks to, very compact, doesn’t go for powerful shots, just surgical in knocking 2’s and 3’s into gaps.

Last edited:

marcus1232

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
He almost got bowled around his legs again at one point though. I think he does have a weakness on leg stump from the right angle at the right speed, but it's very hard to exploit.

He did look "back" today though. His godlike days might be over butt if he averages 45-50 odd from here to the end of his career he'll end up being one of the greatest ever.
His mindset was completely different.
its amazing what happens when your coming into bat at 2-100 compared to 2-10 aswell

Burgey

His mindset was completely different.
its amazing what happens when your coming into bat at 2-100 compared to 2-10 aswell
TBF he singlehandedly won the last Ashes coming in consistently at 2-10, but it would certainly help.

What a shot that cover drive was just now. That patch where it's rearing up will be fun for Haze and Cummins

Burgey

It was a scratchy innings mixed with some real class.

However you have to be blind Freddy not to see that this kid isn’t going to have a huge future in test cricket.

Like Ponting at a similar age, he had all the time in the world for 95% of the balls he was playing yesterday. It looked like Bumrah and Saini were bowling medium pace at times to him given how much time he seemed to have to get in behind them.

He’s very much an old school test cricketer by the looks to, very compact, doesn’t go for powerful shots, just surgical in knocking 2’s and 3’s into gaps.
He and Gill are pretty similar packages. Loads of talent, good to watch but not the finished article. Neither of them leave as much as they probably should as openers or play the hook and pull with as much control as you'd like, but will hopefully learn on the job

sphynx

U19 Debutant
He and Gill are pretty similar packages. Loads of talent, good to watch but not the finished article. Neither of them leave as much as they probably should as openers or play the hook and pull with as much control as you'd like, but will hopefully learn on the job
Yeah. Forget what he scored, forget the chances.

He had the time on the ball that only the absolute best players have. You can’t teach that in coaching. You have to be born with it.

He’s not the finished article but he’s a nailed on 45+ Ave test batsmen imo.

Wether he can develop into that 50-55+ batsmen is the real question.

If he develops at the level, he’s probably along with Gill forming as the next gen group after Kohli/Smith/Williamson.

Last edited:

marcus1232

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
TBF he singlehandedly won the last Ashes coming in consistently at 2-10, but it would certainly help.

What a shot that cover drive was just now. That patch where it's rearing up will be fun for Haze and Cummins
Yeah that was a horrible first up ball for bumrah to give him.
I feel for the first time this is a team that has tactically beaten Steve Smith and he went into his shell.
So it was good to see him fight out of it last night.

On a side note the pitch has a few more tricks today by the look of it

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
3 day lockdown for Brisbane from 6pm tonight. India may have it's problem re: the next test solved for them in the next few days if cases increase.