• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I just want to take a moment to point out the notable absence of Senile Sentry who, having missed Adelaide has been a particularly prominent poster across all hours of the day and night since the Boxing Day test until, well, now.

Burgey

Tbh I just couldn't stand the thought of GAS going a single day without thinking about what an obnoxious **** I am
I think that's pretty much a given for all of us though.

This more proactive approach has seen the leg slip out for Ashwin already. Makes a massive difference.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Lack of Jadeja here on day one is perplexing tstl when the two rookie quicks aren't bowling very well at all.
i think Rahane reckons the seamers will only get less effective as the innings wears on, with the ball getting older and the pitch flatter, so he's given them a chance to make an impact now before resorting to spin from both ends.

He probably would have bowled if Ashwin didn't look up to it, but Ash has bowled pretty well. Definitely better than his figures suggest. ****ing Pant.

Burgey

i think Rahane reckons the seamers will only get less effective as the innings wears on, with the ball getting older and the pitch flatter, so he's given them a chance to make an impact now before resorting to spin from both ends.

He probably would have bowled if Ashwin didn't look up to it, but Ash has bowled pretty well. Definitely better than his figures suggest. ****ing Pant.
Yeah but he risks it being 2/180 odd at stumps if he persists with them

Burgey

I don't know that I'd have Rohit as the fielder in the box there looking to cut off a sharp one.

cnerd123

likes this
Oh look, Smith uses his feet to Jaddu, he pulls the length back and gets a dot ball.

Only pointing that out for everyone going 'just get forward and knock him about for a single' from the last Test.

Burgey

true, but what is also true is that the quicks are the only ones to have taken wickets so far

I'd have bowled Jadeja by now tho. Easy to say with hindsight.
Sure, but one was the new rock and the other about the only ball Saini got to duck in all day. Anyway, he's on now. I think it's a good move heading into stumps (6 overs to go).

Burgey

Oh look, Smith uses his feet to Jaddu, he pulls the length back and gets a dot ball.

Only pointing that out for everyone going 'just get forward and knock him about for a single' from the last Test.

No, no. You go forward, then he drops the length back and you work him square. They've done it to Ashwin all day.

Edit: I do think Jadeja's natural pace is better suited to this deck though

cnerd123

likes this
Good move to not review that.

Not a fan of having long-on back late in the day. Surely you want them to try and hit you down the ground on the off chance they mess up and give you a wicket?

Burner

International Regular
Does your fist have to hit your palm for it to be counted as a review? I think they'll have to use the third umpire to know the moment of impact before the time runs out.

cnerd123

likes this
No, no. You go forward, then he drops the length back and you work him square. They've done it to Ashwin all day.
i meant when Smith tried to leave his crease and push Jaddu down the ground.

If they want to camp on the backfoot vs Jaddu and work him into a gap they'll risk falling LBW to his quicker ball or getting the leaning edge off one that spins/bounces more than anticipated. It's an easier plan vs Ashwin as he doesn't really have a quicker arm ball and is also spinning the ball into the right hander.

Burgey

i meant when Smith tried to leave his crease and push Jaddu down the ground.

If they want to camp on the backfoot vs Jaddu and work him into a gap they'll risk falling LBW to his quicker ball or getting the leaning edge off one that spins/bounces more than anticipated. It's an easier plan vs Ashwin as he doesn't really have a quicker arm ball and is also spinning the ball into the right hander.
You know you're allowed to go forward and back, right?

Looks like it's starting to rag a bit as it's getting a bit drier.

Wow, can't believe this bowling change, but hey, if it works fair play