• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

Arachnodouche

International Captain
How good to see a measured celebration to mark a milestone instead of a Jadeja-like ****fest.

Really like the way he's played so straight to the middle and leg line of attack. Nullified it really well. And he plays really, really late in defence. I love that.
He's very good indeed. Will and Gill the rivalry to watch over the new decade.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How good to see a measured celebration to mark a milestone instead of a Jadeja-like ****fest.

Really like the way he's played so straight to the middle and leg line of attack. Nullified it really well. And he plays really, really late in defence. I love that.
He looks very technically sound and seems to have a lot of time to play. Really impressed tbh and watching him I can see why we're risking playing him.

Spark

Global Moderator

Yeah he looks the goods to the eye, which tbf isn't surprising. Always looks class, it's principally whether he can nullify that bouncer issue (and the mental health concerns, longer term).

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Really like the way he's played so straight to the middle and leg line of attack.
Yeah this has always stood out in his Shield batting. He falls over sometimes due to that trigger movement, but he seems to be aware of it when he does it and consciously plays dangerous balls straight to mid on instead of trying to whip them.

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
The pitch is easier and Indian bowling attack weakened, but a much better performance from Australia so far. This may seem an odd take, but I think even Warner did an O.K.-ish job because he was much more proactive in looking for runs than Head and Burns had been. Attacking Ashwin has also helped. It wan't chanceless, though. I think India can reset for the last session; though IDK if Saini will be able to sustain the same disciplined line and length as the others are capable of.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Also just seen that second drop from Pant, claiming that? Indian cheating is pathetic
yep, not buying the innocent act for a moment. He fumbled and was always playing catch-up, and ended up simply covering the ball with his gloves. Did he even tell the umps he wasn't sure?

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tbf, I'd blame the umpires for cheating for that Pant drop more than Pant himself. In scenarios like those, "Pant didnt take it cleanly" is orders of magnitude more likely, so not sure what they were thinking.

cnerd123

likes this
Tbf, I'd blame the umpires for cheating for that Pant drop more than Pant himself. In scenarios like those, "Pant didnt take it cleanly" is orders of magnitude more likely, so not sure what they were thinking.
i mean the umpires can't assume that Pant was so incompetent to have missed a catch like that. They should have, but fair enough they assumed he'd be able to complete a catch after getting his hands to the ball.

Spark

Global Moderator
I don't think they could see what happened tbh. But in that case you'd think the soft signal should be not out by default.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nagarkoti looked very raw in the IPL. Away Test series in Australia no place to debut him IMO.