• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Saint is an interesting choice, though I suppose he has credit from being in the original squad. He simply looked far too loose in the ODI series. Having both spinners is a definite advantage if he doesn't bowl well.

Siraj better get the new ball.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
The third seamer is probably not going to be used much, given what we saw in MCG when India lost Umesh early. Jadeja will be used to fill in.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Makes you wonder if the relative extinction of truly fast, bouncy pitches (how many times have we seen obvious edges fall short in Australia over the past few years) is having an impact
I wouldn't be surprised if the slowness of pitches recently doesn't help. It's hardly only an Australian problem, but most other places have even slower pitches. Plus part of the edges falling short problem is simply that they're standing too deep IMO, or at least not adapting and moving a bit up.

The main problem I think is without a doubt the forward press and getting the head in line. Batsmen press forward, get stuck on the crease when they sense it's short, and try to duck a delivery that's too full to duck. I remember a couple of SL batsmen a couple of years back taking fearful blows from Starc trying to duck balls on a slow Manuka pitch that were ordinary short of a length, heading maybe two feet over the stumps.

ParwazHaiJunoon

First Class Debutant

Proper technique is a must. And there are lessons to be learnt from how batsmen of the pre-helmet era negotiated short balls.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ordering in some Butter Chicken and Rogan Josh (also a couple of samosas + naan bread) to celebrate our cricket touring guests

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This cant start soon enough. The only thing that can make me feel better right now is a Warner ton in less than a session and a half.