• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

Kraken

State Captain
So Australia haven't named their 11 yet which means
1. They are nervous and still unsure about their 11
OR
2. Warner still isn't fully fit yet.

Or, far more likely....they have it sorted, and don't actually have to announce it until tomorrow

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We need a Bumrah special up front to take out Warner and co early. The rest of the attack is either embarrassingly inexperienced (Siraj) or just really bad (Saini). Im really scared that Warner is going to give one of Saini/Siraj the 2011/12 Vinay Kumar treatment.

sunilz

International Regular
We need a Bumrah special up front to take out Warner and co early. The rest of the attack is either embarrassingly inexperienced (Siraj) or just really bad (Saini). Im really scared that Warner is going to give one of Saini/Siraj the 2011/12 Vinay Kumar treatment.
Open with Bumrah and Ashwin against Warner. Warner has poor record against Ashwin

cnerd123

likes this
Open with Bumrah and Ashwin against Warner. Warner has poor record against Ashwin
yea tbh I'd give this a try too. Pucovski is new, nervous debutant footwork vs in form Ashwin bodes well in our favour.

Maybe Bumrah/Siraj for 5-6 overs and then Ashwin first change.

Burgey

yea tbh I'd give this a try too. Pucovski is new, nervous debutant footwork vs in form Ashwin bodes well in our favour.

Maybe Bumrah/Siraj for 5-6 overs and then Ashwin first change.
He's likely to be first change from one end any way isn't he?

Burgey

yea if Rahane captains the same way he did last game. Which also means we probably won't see Saini bowl until the 2nd session.
Nah I meant he will be anyway given there’s only three quicks and two spinners? Would be somewhat surprising if he bowled both spinners ahead of him, but who knows I guess

cnerd123

likes this
Nah I meant he will be anyway given there’s only three quicks and two spinners? Would be somewhat surprising if he bowled both spinners ahead of him, but who knows I guess
Oh that's what you meant. Actually you can have 3 quicks bowl from both ends for quite a while, depending on their stamina, but I don't think that's the right move. Need to get Ashwin in ASAP and protect Saini

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
So Australia haven't named their 11 yet which means
1. They are nervous and still unsure about their 11
OR
2. Warner still isn't fully fit yet.
Waiting on the Saini vs Natarajan call.. not far fetched given the respect they have afforded to Indians this series.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Genius from Aus not to announce. That way we can surprise India with a whole new version of just how terrible we are.

Also scenes if Pucovski gets brained. The hot-takes will be immense.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Ashwin might open bowling at other end. Not a completely terrible prospect given his success against Warner.