• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

sunilz

International Regular
So I read on Twitter that David Warner averages 24 against India in matches involving Ashwin and has been dismissed by him 9 times .
Is this a coincidence or he struggles against Ashwin ? Does anyone remember their battle ?

Burner

International Regular
This thread is already 56 pages in! I thought I missed day one of this test. What on earth happened here..

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
So I read on Twitter that David Warner averages 24 against India in matches involving Ashwin and has been dismissed by him 9 times .
Is this a coincidence or he struggles against Ashwin ? Does anyone remember their battle ?
Weird but surprisingly true.

What's weird is the average is similar both at home and away in India.

Ashwin has dismissed Warner indeed 9 times. Of which 6 times were lbw bowled. Last time they met in Sydney Ashwin dismissed Warner twice but in the first innings Warner made a 100 as well.

aussie tragic

International Captain
I hope Australia is watching the NZ vs Pak Test. So nice to see a 3-336 scorecard with batsmen playing with freedom

Edit: and 3-400 at lunch

Last edited:

aussie tragic

International Captain
"Warner to return, Pucovski close to debut"

"Langer suggested the veteran opener is "very, very, very likely to play", adding there was no risk "of him re-injuring himself".