• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thread underscoring, once and for all, the graciousness and warmth with which guests are treated in Oz
Its actually underscoring how terrible these entitled tourists are, but please go on about how badly they’re being treated by, I dunno, having arrangements made so they can travel, make a living, stay in five star hotels and play cricket. It must be awful

Edit: I do want to make it clear that you’re not welcome, though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Lmao I've read this like five times and still have no idea what niche situation the meme is supposed to be for.
Same. Not sure "something cool to say when you're telling someone to calm down" is actually meant to be it, but BB's post was clearly referencing the meme (albeit perhaps poorly?)

Probably best we er, don't use that meme here anymore given the reaction to it, but it doesn't seem like Teja's race was the reason he said it to me.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Its actually underscoring how terrible these entitled tourists are, but please go on about how badly they’re being treated by, I dunno, having arrangements made so they can travel, make a living, stay in five star hotels and play cricket. It must be awful
After having bestowed the great honour of entering their magnificent country and "letting" the millionaires stay in five star hotels, the Aussies, all Aussies, have clearly bought the rights to any sense of misgivings and human feelings the players might have.

Nope, no delusions of grandeur there at all.

Gnske

Choices

A) Continue the nationalistic war over how entitled and sooky the BCCI are.

B) Argue among ourselves about minutiae in regards to a comment.

PEWS clearly wants us at each other's throats.

trundler

Ok, Bambino is just weird rather than racist.

Public admission to being a tiktoker is a bannable offence surely?

Daemon

Edit: I do want to make it clear that you’re not welcome, though.
They've been given all that so CA can make money and stay afloat and feed their power surging cricketers in the big bash boost.

If anything CA is being entitled by not having Hohns or whoever runs them sucking each player off individually after they return from a tough day of shopping.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
After having bestowed the great honour of entering their magnificent country and "letting" the millionaires stay in five star hotels, the Aussies, all Aussies, have clearly bought the rights to any sense of misgivings and human feelings the players might have.

Fairly conveniently leaving out the fact that there’s a global pandemic happening and everyone’s compromising to stay safe, but ok

Gnske

It's shocking that the forum base still can't distinguish a race theorist from a racist ever since the days of watson.

Burgey

Lol they’re threatening not to go to a test they agreed to play months ago in a State with the strictest quarantine protocols in the country.

It is not and cannot be a surprise to them that they will have to quarantine while they are there. Fmd there’s nothing to see or do there anyway, trust me. It’s Australia’s Chennai

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I just watched some of the Jamal tiktoks

Apparently the idea is someone tells you to do something when they’re young and not hot so you say “whoa calm down Jamal don’t pull out the 9” but then they say it again when they’re older and more attractive so you do the thing.

Where the **** does this stuff come from, and why?

and what’s the “9”?

Burgey

Choices

A) Continue the nationalistic war over how entitled and sooky the BCCI are.

B) Argue among ourselves about minutiae in regards to a comment.

PEWS clearly wants us at each other's throats.
i think we all have the #freedom to choose which course to take

the big bambino

International Captain
Same. Not sure "something cool to say when you're telling someone to calm down" is actually meant to be it, but BB's post was clearly referencing the meme (albeit perhaps poorly?)

Probably best we er, don't use that meme here anymore given the reaction to it, but it doesn't seem like Teja's race was the reason he said it to me.
Being reasonable? It might catch on. The whole point of this whole crap fest is that teja is so famous I actually know and give a stuff about who he is and where he comes from. Could’ve been a loser from New Zealand for all I know. He’s hardly memorable. The only interaction I can recall is when he slagged off at me as a foreign affairs expert just because I mentioned an opinion. Sounded a bit high handed. Like a test cricketer pulling rank on fans cause they haven’t played the game.