• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

Teja.

Global Moderator
Don’t tell me to calm down, I’m as calm as anything.

They’re out here so they follow the protocols in place. 5 of them have just demonstrated they don’t care about the protocols, they’re dining indoors and hugging fans. Morons.

And spare the “they’re human beings” tripe as tho this is an oppressive ask. They’re overpaid athletes being asked to stay in a 5 star hotel and play a game of cricket. Just go there, do it, and go home.
As I noted in the beginning of the post, I was referring purely to them expressing their preference (the shock the horror) to not go to QLD which I think is a fairly reasonable thing to have a mild opinion on.

I am not condoning the shitty outdoor dining behaviour of a few of them.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I wonder what the cricketers of yesteryear would have thought of these tours after they spent four months on a boat for **** all pay

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
On the flip side, the fan is an idiot for sure. But I can just imagine the slew of threats he's been getting since this erupted.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
On the flip side, the fan is an idiot for sure. But I can just imagine the slew of threats he's been getting since this erupted.
I did feel bad calling him a virgin, but I had to make the joke

Burgey

that sounds pretty good tbh
Man, there’s a joint down the road from here that does some ****ing epic fried rice. Cheap too.

I hear the fella who owns the joint spent 70 years mastering the art by cooking nothing else

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
As I noted in the beginning of the post, I was referring purely to them expressing their preference (the shock the horror) to not go to QLD which I think is a fairly reasonable thing to have a mild opinion on.

I am not condoning the ****ty outdoor dining behaviour of a few of them.
I’d feel more empathy for them and the Bris quarantine situation if a quarter of the squad weren’t caught red handed breaching the protocols.

What those 5 have done throws shade on the whole squad and their ability to be trusted following protocol guidelines.

Just fkn go to Bris as scheduled by Cricket Australia and play the test under Qld’s conditions. Those 5 dickheads forfeited any right they had to complain about the conditions they’re under.

Spikey

I am not condoning the ****ty outdoor dining behaviour of a few of them.
I'm sceptical of any person who ever wants to go to QLD tbh

the fact of the matter is once CA committed to playing in Sydney, the Brisbane test became at risk. CA are trying to make it work, but it's silly and they should just go back to back in Sydney

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm sceptical of any person who ever wants to go to QLD tbh

the fact of the matter is once CA committed to playing in Sydney, the Brisbane test became at risk. CA are trying to make it work, but it's silly and they should just go back to back in Sydney
The Sydney test is the most flaccid and boring denouement of every test summer, I can't take 3 days of this across two test matches.

Daemon

This is always the case isn’t it

- Mildly controversial thing happens
- People post their opinions
- Some people make jokes and have a laugh
- HB makes multiposts
- Some blow in with no stake in the forum comes in and makes a dumb nationalistic comment
- TBB types come in and take everything at face value and make it super serious
- Burgey keeps adding fuel to the fire and watches in glee
- Daemon saves the thread and gets all the ladies

the big bambino

International Captain
Dude, just fyi, being a racist dickhead is not banter.
Dude, mate ... don’t get me wrong. I approve and admire. In an us versus them shitfight pointing and screaming racist is the go to: the clutch play. Commentators were wondering why you didn’t do it earlier.

Daemon

Dude, mate ... don’t get me wrong. I approve and admire. In an us versus them ****fight pointing and screaming racist is the go to: the clutch play. Commentators were wondering why you didn’t do it earlier.
Why did you call him Jamal?

Spikey

This is always the case isn’t it

- Mildly controversial thing happens
- People post their opinions
- Some people make jokes and have a laugh
- HB makes multiposts
- Some blow in with no stake in the forum comes in and makes a dumb nationalistic comment
- TBB types come in and take everything at face value and make it super serious
- Burgey keeps adding fuel to the fire and watches in glee
- Daemon saves the thread and gets all the ladies
Gnske says this is giving him AIDS

which frankly I don't like at all