• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

cnerd123

likes this
Do we know for sure that these 5 will not be able to play by Jan 7th?

Assuming the 5 of them are isolated from now till then, and they can somehow travel to the venue and train a bit, it might still be possible for some of them to feature.

Could you ****ing believe it if Rohit returned as vice-captain in the middle order despite this.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Siraj didn't have the same rep as Thakur at all.

He had an excellent A team record, did decently in the IPL and was part of the best CWPL team.
Thakur on the other hand didn't get picked up in CWPL at all - and for good reason, his rating in that was absolutely awful.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
i don't think they've breached the legal rules statewide but the regulations surrounding the biosecure bubble that were part of the conditions for the tour
the players in hubs follow stricter rules than society at large so that if outbreaks occur and state borders get shut down, CA can say "well look our hub is secure, let us in anyway".

I have not seen any proper source telling us what the exact biobubble protocols were and whether they had changed during these latest outbreaks. From what I can gather, eating out and picking up shopping bags were allowed but the only question is whether the indoor dining was allowed and whether it was actual part of the protocols. Either way, if there has been some changes to the protocols, it has to be treated the same way the initial breaches by Pak and Windies players were treated in NZ.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Lol as though the rules will apply to them. You crazy kids

what woeful guests in another country to behave like this in the midst of a pandemic when they’ve had everything done for them to make the tour possible. No regard for anyone but themselves and Rohit Sharma’s rumen. Would like to say I’m surprised but this is precisely what you expect from the new monied trash of world sport. And that they got some chump to pay the bill for them. The worst of humanity
Lol @ the drivel.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Aren't the restrictions specifically for the team in a bubble? To allow them to cross borders that might be closed to others? Either way it was it was pretty lax by the team management that this happened. I'm not sure of the situation in Victoria except they seem to be closing their border to NSW in response to the outbreak there. After being locked down for months I don't think Victoria itself has any new outbreaks (or clusters like NSW at least) and the consequential restrictions.
Like I pointed out in my earlier post, there has been no official source on what the exact biobubble protocols were. Until that is clarified, drivel like Burgey's post aside, we are all just speculating with no real idea of what actually happened.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Lol imagine if there was a tour of India and a visiting team flouted public health standards (such as they are there) after exemptions were made for the teams and arrangements were made to keep everyone safe. You’d go off your (tiny, simple) nut
You mean like an asshole of a captain who, in full sober mode, throws money outside his hotel room to watch poor people jostle for it and kill each other coz it would be fun? And ACTUALLY caused civilian casulaties?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
And of course it is dumb for the players to have gone out but once again, the key here is what was explicitly stated in the protocols. If you give players who have been holed up in hotel rooms since September a chance to go out, they are most likely gonna take it.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
You mean like an asshole of a captain who, in full sober mode, throws money outside his hotel room to watch poor people jostle for it and kill each other coz it would be fun? And ACTUALLY caused civilian casulaties?
What civilian casualties?