• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
Aren't the restrictions specifically for the team in a bubble? To allow them to cross borders that might be closed to others? Either way it was it was pretty lax by the team management that this happened. I'm not sure of the situation in Victoria except they seem to be closing their border to NSW in response to the outbreak there. After being locked down for months I don't think Victoria itself has any new outbreaks and the consequential restrictions.
It's actually quite a bit worse than this, in that there has been an outbreak dated to 21st of December in Victoria which has led at least one state (WA) to close the border to Victoria. The concern is if QLD (or even NSW, although the government seems less inclined) decide to backdate a period in which people who have been in Victoria over, must quarantine on arrival in QLD. Also causes big problems for Australian players returning to BBL / home states.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I want to hear cricnerds thoughts on the fact that Rohit sharma (who was so deservedly awarded the vice captaincy) was the seniormost member here.
As a man who hits sixes rather than taking beta singles, is it all surprising the man has a hunger?

Spark

Global Moderator
and here i was thinking that the purpose of sport was to entertain the public and give a distraction from the broader pressures of life.

Gnske

and here i was thinking that the purpose of sport was to entertain the public and give a distraction from the broader pressures of life.
But every cricket journo says its meant to reflect how bad and shitty life is.

Gnske

Love the hypocrisy where the stadia are filled with 30k spectators who literally handle the ball and throw it back whenever a six is hit.
I know right? It's double standards taken to the max. India are well within their rights to forfeit and return home.

Spark

Global Moderator
you know that the ball is sanitised on return right
also the transmission risk from a cricket ball touched for like two seconds by a spectator is 0.

indoor restaurants, meanwhile, are basically the most efficient areas for transmission you can get.

Spark

Global Moderator
anyway, the key here is whether NSW and QLD health raise concerns. the latter in particular.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Forfeiting a series will DQ then from any potential test championship. Would be no loss to have them out of the joint tbh
Bring it on. Let's see Test Championship playing out without BCCIs blessing. Better forfeiting it than making it India C vs Aus

Shri

Mr. Glass
when was the last locally acquired case in melbourne anyway

if it has been safe for a bit, wouldn't it not be that big of a deal

Spark

Global Moderator
when was the last locally acquired case in melbourne anyway

if it has been safe for a bit, wouldn't it not be that big of a deal
was 10 cases yesterday no? contact tracing seems on top of it but water drop twitter has gone frothing mad over being infected by nsw

edit: six today in fact.