• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
Also, all of this needs to be read into, with the context that CA fought tooth and nail to get these guys an exemption to travel from NSW to Queensland without quarantining.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
:laugh: The dining indoors vs outdoors could be termed as the kind of transgressions that the Windies and Pak players got away with in NZ. Not sure about this hugging thing though...

Then again, Aus cant beat us if we play 11 anyways, irrespective of which 11 we play. :p

aussie tragic

International Captain
Fox just said the 5 are isolated from the rest of the squad and can't train with them. Saini is going to be busy bowling to the other 4

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Also, all of this needs to be read into, with the context that CA fought tooth and nail to get these guys an exemption to travel from NSW to Queensland without quarantining.
Lol as though the rules will apply to them. You crazy kids

what woeful guests in another country to behave like this in the midst of a pandemic when they’ve had everything done for them to make the tour possible. No regard for anyone but themselves and Rohit Sharma’s rumen. Would like to say I’m surprised but this is precisely what you expect from the new monied trash of world sport. And that they got some chump to pay the bill for them. The worst of humanity

Shri

Mr. Glass
i find it funny that the article mentions them all being indoors at a restaurant without masks on

how are they supposed to eat ffs

also btw, restaurants and indoor dining is back in full flow here. went to madurai and had to dine at packed restaurants

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Were these restrictions due to changes brought in by the new cases in Melbourne? As in, it was not the case on Christmas day, lets say?

Spark

Global Moderator
i don't think they've breached the legal rules statewide but the regulations surrounding the biosecure bubble that were part of the conditions for the tour

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Five Indian players caught breaching the bubble by having an indoor restaurant meal together and getting caught on camera.

Rohit, Pant, Shaw, Gill (I think) and Saini (I think) were the five. You would think that this rules them out of the Test match, I just can't see how they don't get suspended from here, especially with the Test itself so precarious.
I think the entire team should dine out and then catch next plane home.

Spikey

"The boys had just gone out to a restaurant to get some food. They followed all the necessary protocols and their temperature was checked and proper sanitization was done before they sat on the table. There is no need to make an issue out of this."

Insanely good areas by this source. Saying they did nothing wrong, and then admitting wrongdoing was done.

Spikey

Were these restrictions due to changes brought in by the new cases in Melbourne? As in, it was not the case on Christmas day, lets say?
the players in hubs follow stricter rules than society at large so that if outbreaks occur and state borders get shut down, CA can say "well look our hub is secure, let us in anyway".

Spark

Global Moderator
right, that's why they got an exemption from QLD health to the border closures, which in turn is why this test match is happening in sydney at all.

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
the players in hubs follow stricter rules than society at large so that if outbreaks occur and state borders get shut down, CA can say "well look our hub is secure, let us in anyway".
And for those not in the loop outbreaks are occurring and state borders are getting shut down.

the big bambino

International Captain
Aren't the restrictions specifically for the team in a bubble? To allow them to cross borders that might be closed to others? Either way it was it was pretty lax by the team management that this happened. I'm not sure of the situation in Victoria except they seem to be closing their border to NSW in response to the outbreak there. After being locked down for months I don't think Victoria itself has any new outbreaks (or clusters like NSW at least) and the consequential restrictions.

Spikey

And the reason indoor dining is banned is because we know at this point indoor dining is literally one of the biggest risks

edit: I should add, on a more practical level, the worry around indoor dining is as much around the possibility of a case being recorded at the location, and players having to go into quarantine

Burgey

Lol poor CA bean counters will ****ting bricks. India can pack up and go home anytime and only gives them all extra time to recuperate before Eng series.
Forfeiting a series will DQ then from any potential test championship. Would be no loss to have them out of the joint tbh

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lol poor CA bean counters will ****ting bricks. India can pack up and go home anytime and only gives them all extra time to recuperate before Eng series.
SS is right. The 5 in the restaurant + the 5 they met should all be quarantined. India can't field a playing eleven. The series should end 1-1 here, with India retaining the Border-Gavaskar trophy.