• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian test selection 2020/21

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I think there’s a lot of sense in letting Pukovski play his first few tests at 5

Warner
Wade
Labu
Smith
Pukovski
Green

aussie tragic

International Captain
Warner has come out and said he will not be 100% fit for the 3rd Test and if he plays he is unlikely to back up for the 4th Test as it would be 10 days of cricket in 13 days.

If he can only play 1 Test, why would you not make it the 4th when he at least may be 100% fit.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Warner has come out and said he will not be 100% fit for the 3rd Test and if he plays he is unlikely to back up for the 4th Test as it would be 10 days of cricket in 13 days.

If he can only play 1 Test, why would you not make it the 4th when he at least may be 100% fit.
Coz they are worried they will lose the third and the 4th will become a dead rubber, obviously.

But given the forecast in Sydney is that it will apparently see a lot of rain during the test match days, maybe Australia should consider letting Warner sit this one out and play what may well be the decider, wherever that is..

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member

More important to win this third test right now isn't it

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's pretty desperate if Warner plays while unfit. I'd honestly rather pick Harris that Warner if he's not fully recovered.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Yep. With Burns out first slip needs to be taken by someone.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The beef I have with picking Warner is not that he's not fully fit, it's that he thinks he can only play the one Test. Add that the SCG is likely to have significant disruptions to play over the first three days and I'd just let him get ready for Brisbane.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
The beef I have with picking Warner is not that he's not fully fit, it's that he thinks he can only play the one Test. Add that the SCG is likely to have significant disruptions to play over the first three days and I'd just let him get ready for Brisbane.
Might get the best of both worlds if the Sydney test is disrupted though?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is a fantastic idea morgieb

jcas0167

International Debutant
Maybe it's coz I'm a Hick fan but i like to think along similar lines. He was doing crazy things in county but barely faced world class bowlers til his test debut and by that stage he already had 57 FC hundreds. And he'd just turned 25.

His style had already been tailored to whipping county trundler trash and it was too late to adjust
Fellow Hick fan here. Largely agree, although Hick did make a major change to his stance in 93/94. Shorter backlift and more open to make it easier to play the short ball. It seemed to pay off as he did well against the Windies and South Africa, also that infamous 98 not out. Unfortunately, they didn't stick with him after he had some low scores in 1996. Fletcher's view was that he would never have dropped class players like him or Ramprakash.