• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Aus vs India, Adelaide oval 17th-21st December

Spark

Global Moderator
I'm so deflated rn. Sport shouldn't be able to do this to a person.
this has to be the most one-sided and psychologically deflating days of cricket for a team in recent memory, right? 98ao and 0/150 on boxing day was pretty appalling, but at least aus didn't literally lose a game that was otherwise in the balance in two sessions.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia's bowling was ATG standard but you should be managing 100 as an international side. Send Shaw back home with kohli, bring in Gill and Sharma (when he's allowed to ). If Shami is injured, pick Jadeja even though I hate two spinners in Australia.

All about damage control from here. My 3-0 prediction looks optimistic now

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
this has to be the most one-sided and psychologically deflating days of cricket for a team in recent memory, right? 98ao and 0/150 on boxing day was pretty appalling, but at least aus didn't literally lose a game that was otherwise in the balance in two sessions.
I'm grateful to have slept through it. I was adamant of 5-0 before this series started but this is now so certain. Such a historic incompetence at batting in long-format away from home that persists generation after generation and makes me embarrassed to support this team.

Spark

Global Moderator
Australia's bowling was ATG standard but you should be managing 100 as an international side. Send Shaw back home with kohli, bring in Gill and Sharma (when he's allowed to ). If Shami is injured, pick Jadeja even though I hate two spinners in Australia.

It's really hard to say because, like, yes you should obviously not being bowled out for less than 40 runs under, well, any circumstances really, but at the same time most of these batsmen just got pretty much perfect balls when they were brand new to the crease, and the one batsman who did try to be proactive and change the rhythm/momentum of the innings perished immediately upon doing so. it's just an absolute freak, one-in-a-thousand occurrence imo, it's highly unlikely that anything like this will happen again. india will bat worse, objectively, and score a lot more runs than... this.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
It's really hard to say because, like, yes you should obviously not being bowled out for less than 40 runs under, well, any circumstances really, but at the same time most of these batsmen just got pretty much perfect balls when they were brand new to the crease, and the one batsman who did try to be proactive and change the rhythm/momentum of the innings perished immediately upon doing so. it's just an absolute freak, one-in-a-thousand occurrence imo, it's highly unlikely that anything like this will happen again. india will bat worse, objectively, and score a lot more runs than... this.
The team are mentally pathetic at batting away from home and without Kohli this series is just going to be embarrassing.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Devastating for India not having Pandya available to bowl decent overs, too.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting to wake up to. I was still expecting Australia to win from the overnight position, but thought they’d be chasing down about 210.

Spark

Global Moderator
but i do agree that india are in deep trouble for the rest of the series. you must, must, must start strongly to have a good chance in australia; this is historically a place where if you fall behind, and especially if you fall behind in a bad manner, then you just get pulverised for the rest of the tour. given that i expect the australian batting to improve as smith and labuschagne get into rhythm, and i think shami will be red-inked out of the tour, then this could get ugly if they don't put up a good show day 1 at the mcg. pujara the absolute key now, he has to basically stonewall the entire day if they bat first there.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year

We saw it in the tour game as well when we were bundled out for under 200 and that was only due to Bumrah 50. The batsman are just pathetic at touring and there will never be progress until they work on that.