• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Aus vs India, Adelaide oval 17th-21st December

Stapel

International Regular
FMD Warne. Low scoring test and he recommends sending in two of the four man bowling attack to open under lights against a new ball. Imagine if he’d been asked to do that.

the man’s brain is held up in quarantine
Nah. He's always been like that.
It's one of those things. I used to think of him (as did many, many others) as a thinking cricketer. I'm afraid he never was. Just a big bluf, with gazillions of talent to drift and spin the ball at will.
Since I heard him commentating, I slowly but surely came to this conclusion. I sometimes wonder if he ever played cricket.... I really do think that about the world's 2nd wicket taker.
In hindsight, when watching old footage of Warne taking all those brilliant wickets, I see things different. Warne appealing for LBW, and standing in honest disbelief when being denied, whereas the ball pitched over a foot outside leg.....

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
FMD Warne. Low scoring test and he recommends sending in two of the four man bowling attack to open under lights against a new ball. Imagine if he’d been asked to do that.

the man’s brain is held up in quarantine
I kind of didn't hate the Ashwin idea.

Sending Nostils out there with him would have been a worse decision than any made by Bruce Oxenford this Test though.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Nah. He's always been like that.
It's one of those things. I used to think of him (as did many, many others) as a thinking cricketer. I'm afraid he never was. Just a big bluf, with gazillions of talent to drift and spin the ball at will.
Since I heard him commentating, I slowly but surely came to this conclusion. I sometimes wonder if he ever played cricket.... I really do think that about the world's 2nd wicket taker.
In hindsight, when watching old footage of Warne taking all those brilliant wickets, I see things different. Warne appealing for LBW, and standing in honest disbelief when being denied, whereas the ball pitched over a foot outside leg.....
I think he has an overactive imagination and he visualizes and thinks out aloud a lot but that's all just subterfuge, not actual execution. You don't get as good as him without knowing what you're on about.