• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India's Tour of Australia 2020/21 - General discussion

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
wtf are you dribbling about hb? I'm saying a kid who's looking to play for Australia must have a technical issue playing the short ball, which renders him comparable to a bloke I don't rate, and somehow that's "salty." Have had a cerebral event?

Burgey

TBF I don't think it's all that bad, just a malapropism for the post it quoted.

TheJediBrah

The way we are going Matty Wade could open in the tests.
Green obviously in at 6.
Was going to say this non-ironically. If the selectors insist on making the brain-dead decision to play Head then Wade would do a better job than the likes of Burns in any position

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Was going to say this non-ironically. If the selectors insist on making the brain-dead decision to play Head then Wade would do a better job than the likes of Burns in any position
At this rate Wade might open *with* Burns.

I think I'd rather Wade opening and Green at 6 than Harris opening and Wade at 6. None of these ***** are gonna score runs opening but Green might be useful.

the big bambino

International Captain
Didn’t even consider Puc at the start of the season. Was unclear about his MH issues and besides we had enough options to partner Warner, surely one or more would pull ahead.

I was surprised he was made opener. I thought it unfair on him. Without checking the stats you’d think opening would be dangerous for a bloke hit so often. Yes he’s batted top 4 and scored many runs but he’s also been hit so often. Maybe play him down the order when the bowling isn’t as amped.

But what would I know. He batted like Bradman, Warner got injured, no one else took their opportunities and I was coming around to Aussie Tragic’s pov. Then clang.

I also think it’s been unfair on Mad dog. I accept the selectors can push aside someone to make way for such a talent but wasn’t Mad dog such a talent once? And what a redemption story so far. Changed states, batting position and game to fulfil his promise though in a way I’d never have guessed or thought had in him. Besides was it smart to basically deprive ourselves of having Mad dog compete for an opening spot just to promote Puc? Don’t know about that. But we haven’t completely given him the opportunity to consolidate the form he’s displayed over the last couple of seasons and it’s not been fair.

So now here we are with all our hopefuls injured, out of form, not to be trusted or ko’d. Now we’ll have to look at men our selectors seemingly appeared to think they could do without. Khawaja and Mad dog to open. Green for Wade.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Burns to be dropped for The Man in Form at some point tbf

The Man In Form will probably be Short though, given there's only BBL on the horizon.

Burgey

I wasn’t sold on Pucovski without more cricket under his belt, but Burns made it an easy call. If the kid has only a light concussion he may well make the test anyway, though tbf with his history there may well be delayed symptoms.

got to the point where if he’s cleared he has to play. If he isn’t, Mad Dog would be it although Langer will likely want Bancroft.

I still don’t know if they’ll pick Green, but he genuinely can do no more. Sheer weight of runs means he should play over Wade or Head (Wade, frankly). 8 overs a day adds to the package.