• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India's Tour of Australia 2020/21 - General discussion

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So this coverage is by Fox? I thought the graphics were different for their international games?
Sort of. While the match is on Fox and the commentators are Fox commentators they're using the graphical interface of the Cricket Australia broadcast matches. Why I'm not sure - maybe because they need to cut to the T20 match?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ashwin averages 7 with the blade in Tests since the start of 2019 and he has one Test fifty in the last four years. It's almost like when Jadeja figured out how to bat in Tests, Ashwin forgot how to at the exact same time.

Haddin reckons he can bat 6 in the Test series though. Great analysis.

Spark

Global Moderator
Sort of. While the match is on Fox and the commentators are Fox commentators they're using the graphical interface of the Cricket Australia broadcast matches. Why I'm not sure - maybe because they need to cut to the T20 match?
They probably just can't be bothered picking up official broadcaster status when CA will do it themselves anyway.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It looks like the production is done by CA's own in-house people (aka "Cricket Network") who do Sheffield Shield games/off-label WBBL games, and it's just picked up by Fox.
Fox has supplied commentators today. I think they basically had to supply infrastructure (cameras etc) for the Cricket Network stuff as part of the broadcast deal too, but yeah the video production crew or whoever it is who actually takes care of the graphical overlays is definitely not from Fox today.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haddin's only an even chance at best to pronounce a player's name correctly.

If they're from the subcontinent I probably only give him about a 25% shot, even if we're lenient on western accents pronouncing these.

We've had Poonjara, Boomruh and Yavid in the last half hour.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year

If they're from the subcontinent I probably only give him about a 25% shot, even if we're lenient on western accents pronouncing these.

Don't forget Cummings

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

I hear TJB is really into Poonjara. His favourite player.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So are we all thinking Rahane is going to show up on this tour or go missing again?