• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India's Tour of Australia 2020/21 - General discussion

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
When McGrath was injured the advice was passed to the agencies within minutes and the odds changed. I remember it well it cost me plenty as I was already on.

Had Kohli been injured this morning the agencies would not have been betting 1.80/2.00 all afternoon so they knew he was playing.
I regret using the term bookies in the first post it has set off old memories.
They are legal Betting Agencies. In Australia there are roughly 11 of them and they exchange information and transactions.
That may just be the agencies having folks at the ground and around the media etc? I dont think it necessarily means an official channel for the betting agencies to get info. before the rest of the world does?

tony p

State Regular
Could someone tell me please, the two upcoming Australia A v India A 3 day games, are they given first-class status.
I'm not a fan of 13 or 14 aside, with 11 players on the field at one time.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Could someone tell me please, the two upcoming Australia A v India A 3 day games, are they given first-class status.
I'm not a fan of 13 or 14 aside, with 11 players on the field at one time.
I think the first game may well be a proper 3 day FC game. The d/n one might be 14 or 15 a side given it is closer to the test. But I hope we do two proper 11 a side 3 day warm up games too.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
On the toss debate, I am up for visiting team to get to decide whether to bat or field on 50% of the matches in a given series(or lets say 2 matches in a 3 match series), the rest to be decided by toss. The decision could be made on the morning of the match. This will also prevent the home team preparing the pitches insuring themselves of "the visiting team advantage" as they simply do not know which matches the visiting team is going to make the decision unanimously.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah randomizing decisions can backfire though. And place someone like the match ref under undue pressure. Its simpler when visiting team decides everytime.

Spark

Global Moderator
"It's been a little bit frustrating for me personally. I think back to the back end of last season, the Shield games we played we were playing on green tops with Dukes balls and I felt like it was the best I've ever batted in my career," Burns said ahead of his warm-up match for Australia A against the Indians in Sydney. "I got to Adelaide and was licking my lips, seeing some flat wickets and hoping to make plenty of runs but just found ways to get out.

"I was probably just chasing the game a little bit too much after a lay-off during the winter. So the lesson from that is to be a little bit more patient, let the game come and go from there. I feel like my skills are in a good spot, it's just a decision-making thing and I'm looking forward to the challenge of playing against India."
Really gives you confidence that this guy is the man against Test quality attacks.

The context is that his top score in five completed Shield innings is 29.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Since when did Spark and the bot start agreeing on everything? And come on, its clear what the guy means there, he says he was trying to score runs too fast seeing that the wickets were flat and ended up getting out.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So was I and I'm a fellow Qldlander that's seen him play live often. Haven't changed my mind too many weaknesses.
He does have weaknesses but they were never as exploitable or obvious as those that Bancroft/Harris had. He's a decent batsman, the kind that can fill a gap until a better guy comes along. He does have a tendency to go large when he does get runs, which is nice.

gabbadan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
He does have weaknesses but they were never as exploitable or obvious as those that Bancroft/Harris had. He's a decent batsman, the kind that can fill a gap until a better guy comes along. He does have a tendency to go large when he does get runs, which is nice.
Usually after being dropped a couple of times early.
Never seen him bat well cold.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Before anyone cleveland steamers on Burns or calls him fraudulent like a fraudulent cricket fan might. I'd remind you all that it wasn't so long ago we had Aaron "Famed FC Opener" Finch opening the batting.