• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India's Tour of Australia 2020/21 - General discussion

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wade is a legit white ball gun. Should be just about in the XI regardless IMO. If we didn't need Stoinis overs he would absolutely be in.

Spikey

don't see the problem. 2 batting all-rounders (stoinis and maxwell) has mostly failed, it's logical the only solution was 3 batting all-rounders

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah likely.

PS. I deleted my post as I was about to move it to 3rd ODI thread but will leave it now.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
don't see the problem. 2 batting all-rounders (stoinis and maxwell) has mostly failed, it's logical the only solution was 3 batting all-rounders
Good to Australia coming around to my style of thinking. More the merrier when it comes to allrounders.

TheJammyTurtle

U19 Cricketer
If I was Maxwell I’d have been fuming about being batted behind Henriques and Green,especially given the form he had shown already in this series.

gabbadan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
How much do you gain from Wade playing?

The best thing that could come of it would legitimately be Marnus getting more experience at the position he will actually be batting long term in this format.

I want to argue that maybe it'll help them win the game, and that is a major factor. But nah, it's 2020.
Marnus tried to keep up with Warner's strike rate and started swinging from ball one.That is not his go he is a bad ball hitter and a strike turner with shrewd placements.
Wade get's boundaries or gets out as we shall see in the t20's

Spikey

well the other problem was that they clearly wanted to pick green, which ok sure, but that really meant henriques should have gone out. but you can't drop a player from a winning team.

if they had kept green out, then yes short or wade could have come in

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Wait, I thought Green came in coz they did not want to go with Henriques as the 3rd seamer? Mean, once they decided Agar was coming in for Starc, guess they had to swap Green for Warner.

aussie tragic

International Captain
We don't seem to have enough bowlers left in the T20 squad with Cummins, Starc and possibly Agar missing. As far as I can tell that only leaves Hazlewood, Abbott, Tye and Zampa left to choose from. Possible team?

1. Finch
2. Wade
3. Smith
4. Maxwell
5. Henriques
6. Green
7. Carey +
8. Abbott
9. Tye
10. Hazlewood
11. Zampa

+ Wade keeps and Agar replaces Carey if fit
(and then Labuschagne may replace Henriques)

gabbadan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
We don't seem to have enough bowlers left in the T20 squad with Cummins, Starc and possibly Agar missing. As far as I can tell that only leaves Hazlewood, Abbott, Tye and Zampa left to choose from. Possible team?

1. Finch
2. Wade
3. Smith
4. Maxwell
5. Henriques
6. Green
7. Carey +
8. Abbott
9. Tye
10. Hazlewood
11. Zampa

+ Wade keeps and Agar replaces Carey if fit
(and then Labuschagne may replace Henriques)
It's hard to stick with Abbott but they will.
The above side will go close.

Burgey

Looking at the potential batting line up for India in the test series, is Rahul's keeping good enough to bat him a spot or two lower than normal and play him as a keeper-bat? Or would that upset the order too much/ is his keeping shite for tests?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He cant keep in long format games. And you have to consider the specialized workload a keeper carries as well. Rahul has not kept since his school days and only started doing it regularly for his IPL side as they were pushed to it for team balance purposes. Not being used to keeping that long, if he tries it suddenly it can easily injure him. He is more valuable as the opener for tests and FC, IMO.

Also, Pant is fine against mostly seam bowling attacks as a keeper and even as a batsman.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Looking at the potential batting line up for India in the test series, is Rahul's keeping good enough to bat him a spot or two lower than normal and play him as a keeper-bat? Or would that upset the order too much/ is his keeping ****e for tests?
If India want a batsmen-keeper they play pant, and if they want a keeper-batsmen they play saha if he's fit. Rahul doesn't come into the conversation.