• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India's Tour of Australia 2020/21 - General discussion

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good point, I'll let trundler throw down an offer, not sure exactly how to quantify that objectively without using really broad brackets or relying in average vs bowler statistics, which are pretty unreliable and don't tell the whole story most of the time.
heh talking about Warner being owned, did you do this on purpose

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Btw when was the last time someone top run scored two years in a row in test match, marnus only needs ~370 runs in this India series to get #1.

It was Clarke in 2012/13 nvm, thought it would have been further back.

sphynx

U19 Debutant
When was the last time Warner was owned in Aus?

Just doesn’t happen, he will take India apart at least once in the series.

Daemon

When was the last time Warner was owned in Aus?

Just doesn’t happen, he will take India apart at least once in the series.
Well hardly owned but he averaged 39 with 1 50 in the 2016 series against SA.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Compared to how the rest did. A remarkable success.

Still his shot in that first innings of the Hobart test was the worst thing he's ever done. Aside from battle the innocent Brett Geeves on twitter, punch Joe Root in the face, tell Rohit to speak English and enlisting / manipulating Bancroft into ball tampering.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
If anything going after Brett "Michael Clarke didn't say hello to me and I'm sad" Geeves is the BEST thing Dave Warner has ever done

Shady Slim

International Coach
Well hardly owned but he averaged 39 with 1 50 in the 2016 series against SA.
man what an entertaining series to watch, putting respect on my man big vern's record overseas

india will get kerplunked, especially with no kohli - there's going to be fight, from pujara, especially. one thing to remember about india's win here a couple years ago is while we were depleted on bats, the bats didn't do too bad, even in the face of great indian bowling. it was an atrocious showing, from what was our big mean menacing front line pace attack, combined with a great performance by india's bats, that was the decisive factor. and i just can not see cummins and co flopping again, especially against a weaker lineup.

OverratedSanity

Yeah Australia's attack looked strangely pedestrian last time and considering India batted first in all but one of the tests, I don't think it was all down to the bowlers having to fight uphill after australia collapsed to 100 allout. They werent able to stop India from putting up big totals.

Tough to see not just a repeat from Australia's bowlers but also Pujara (who was really the only Indian batsman I'd say had a great series) doing anything like that again.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Concerned with starc especially going into this series tbh, he's reverted to spraying the ball all over the place in the shield cricket he played this year.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well if the previous India series is anything to go by, him spaying the ball about isn't harmful to his continued selection. It somewhat pissed me off that he went and took all those wickets against SL afterwards.

Though the thing that really ticked me off in the 18/19 series was Haze's decision to join in on that front.