• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India's Tour of Australia 2020/21 - General discussion

Teja.

Global Moderator
Burns
Warner
Smith
Labs
Pucovski (hope for our sake they go with Head instead)
Green
Paine
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
Haze

We’re ****ed imo. No Kohli, fitness issues around Ishant. Most of these guys are now heading home to load up on biryani and idlis before coming to Australia undercooked while the Australians play a couple more shield rounds.
I agree broadly but Idli is some of the healthiest food you can eat ffs. :laugh:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Burns
Warner
Smith
Labs
Pucovski (hope for our sake they go with Head instead)
Green
Paine
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
Haze

We’re ****ed imo. No Kohli, fitness issues around Ishant. Most of these guys are now heading home to load up on biryani and idlis before coming to Australia undercooked while the Australians play a couple more shield rounds.
Nah, I expect Pucovski, Green and Head to all play.

Warner
Pucovski
Labu
The People's Chump
Head
Green
Paine
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
Hazlewood

4 lefties wanna make me consider playing Ash anyways as the main spinner, but I think India should and probably would go with this side for the D/N test, subject to Ishant being fit.

Mayank
Rahul
Pujara
Virat
Rahane
Vihari
Pant
Jadeja
Ishant
Shami
Bumrah

If Rohit is fit enough, Rohit might be starting ahead of Rahul. If Ishant is not fit, expect Siraj to play ahead of Umesh or Saini given the probable green conditions. If we get some rub of the green, I fancy us going ahead in Adelaide. But the next 3 without Kohli could be an absolute drag.

Gut feeling is Mayank, Rahul, Pant, Jadeja will go much much better than what is expected. If Bumrah can remain elite, and Shami shows up more than just the one spell every second innings, we have some chance. Else, we are ****ed.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So a few questions:

We've picked Burns in the squad, presumably on the 'incumbency' basis. If they decide to pick him and not Pucovski, and he fails in the first test, what do the selectors do? It looks like a good chance for some egg-on-face. I suppose Burns can just sit around as a 'rona spare.

Secondly, it looks like a chance Rohit will be joining the India squad in time for the tests. Do they persist with him as opener? Seems hard to go past Shaw to me. Does that mean he might play 6 over Vihari or someone like that?

Because, linking back, who's going to captain when Kohli leaves? Rohit seems like one of the more obvious choices, except that he's not even a guaranteed selection.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
So a few questions:

We've picked Burns in the squad, presumably on the 'incumbency' basis. If they decide to pick him and not Pucovski, and he fails in the first test, what do the selectors do? It looks like a good chance for some egg-on-face. I suppose Burns can just sit around as a 'rona spare.

Secondly, it looks like a chance Rohit will be joining the India squad in time for the tests. Do they persist with him as opener? Seems hard to go past Shaw to me. Does that mean he might play 6 over Vihari or someone like that?

Because, linking back, who's going to captain when Kohli leaves? Rohit seems like one of the more obvious choices, except that he's not even a guaranteed selection.
Rahane is our vice captain and I think is a better captain for this format than Rohit.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That doesn’t bode too well when the bottom four will be coming in at 6/480 anyway.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
So a few questions:

It's hard to imagine Rohit not playing when Kohli is out given that also opens up a batting spot. I tend to think it'll probably be Rahane anyway though.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can we start talking about Sunny (not Leone) and Monkeygate already and get this thread really rolling. Far too civil in here.