• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India's Tour of Australia 2020/21 - General discussion

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
2 rounds of shield too come but anyone willing to guess what size squad's aus will pick and squads in general?

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thats the series where Dhoni was setting 7-2 legside fields at times tbf. Not sure if he did it for damage limitation because he knew the bowlers were rubbish or if Umesh just bowled to the field he was given and legitimately thought a long hop might no longer be a terrible delivery.
My recollection is that India's bowling in the first innings of that match was some of the worst I've ever seen, including the West Indies the next year. For some reason Umesh stuck in my mind as being particularly bad but he actually ended up with the best economy of the three pacers, so maybe I'm wrong.

Also it turns out I'd blanked Varun Aaron from my mind. Quick, but holy moly he was tremendously bad.

Starfighter

What sort of pace does Siraj operate at? I've been watching the IPL highlights and in one lot he was quite quick, over 140, in the other he was the mid-130s pace I've generally thought he was.

I find it hard to go past his first-class record - an average of 23 is pretty bloody good, but Australia is not the easiest place to debut.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My recollection is that India's bowling in the first innings of that match was some of the worst I've ever seen, including the West Indies the next year. For some reason Umesh stuck in my mind as being particularly bad but he actually ended up with the best economy of the three pacers, so maybe I'm wrong.

Also it turns out I'd blanked Varun Aaron from my mind. Quick, but holy moly he was tremendously bad.
The attack was a shambles even by Indian standards. Shami picked up a lot of lame declaration wickets to make his average look not terrible but it was the worst he's ever bowled.

TheJediBrah

The attack was a shambles even by Indian standards. Shami picked up a lot of lame declaration wickets to make his average look not terrible but it was the worst he's ever bowled.
Most of the wickets in that series would have been lame declaration wickets tbh. Australia were only bowled out twice in 8 innings and both times were 500+.

Daemon

What sort of pace does Siraj operate at? I've been watching the IPL highlights and in one lot he was quite quick, over 140, in the other he was the mid-130s pace I've generally thought he was.

I find it hard to go past his first-class record - an average of 23 is pretty bloody good, but Australia is not the easiest place to debut.
He's done very well in A games as well. He's generally mid to high 130s from what I know.

My order of preference is probably Yadav>Siraj>Saini.

I think Yadav has the highest chance of success, but also probably the highest chance of bowling like a drain when he should ideally be the supporting man in this attack.

Siraj is a bit of an unknown to me but he has very good numbers to back him up.

Saini doesn't do that much with the ball and has a middling record. Decent pace but nothing that can't be negotiated.

Starfighter

I thought you were throwing some (fairly deserved, really) shade at the Indian bowling that series.

(Actually the funny thing is I remember everyone here comparing the Indians opening around the wicket to Warner and Rogers to junior cricket. Now it's the default strategy).

Still possibly the least interesting series I've watched, and that includes the various thrashings we've meted out to Pakistan etc. Though none were as terrible as the Perth test against New Zealand next season. That pitch couldn't have been more batting friendly if it had been made of actual concrete.

I'd like to see some quick wickets for this series, but not holding my breath considering the venues (and touring team).

TheJediBrah

I thought you were throwing some (fairly deserved, really) shade at the Indian bowling that series.
No I wasn't specifying either side. Both struggled to take wickets, and if it wasn't for India going for the final day chase at Adelaide it would have been 3 draws out of 4.

aussie tragic

International Captain
On the revised schedule, really surprised teams would play ODI's, then T20's and then Tests. I would have thought it best to gradually change the mindset to Tests by playing T20's first then ODI's, especially when so many players are already in T20 mode after IPL.

Teams are going to be chopping and changing all over the place before the Test series.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
On the revised schedule, really surprised teams would play ODI's, then T20's and then Tests. I would have thought it best to gradually change the mindset to Tests by playing T20's first then ODI's, especially when so many players are already in T20 mode after IPL.

Teams are going to be chopping and changing all over the place before the Test series.
Yep, makes no sense to me either. Mentioned it somewhere else here in CW too.

Starfighter

We haven't done it other times when there were more regular posters than now.

I'd rather we just made the thread easier to navigate by having *cough*40 posts per page*cough*.