• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Smith v Kohli (test match batting)

Gob

International Coach
Smith was poor in Bangladesh as well. Bangladesh bowlers have his number.
Players these days play lots of IPL and franchise cricket so they know each other lot more than they used to. Frankly 'm not that surprised one has other's numbers

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Yeah, Smith so far ahead of any one else is a no brainer. Am surprised this thread has run so long. Any bowler who thought he had Smith's number quite simple gave back the same number once he came to the crease next time.

Nothing defines his legacy more than the manner in which he has comeback to his international cricket, quickly regathered the pole position which rightly belonged to him, which he wouldn't have lost in the first place if not for some terrible stupidity.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
we are going to own australia in 15 years, like the chinese do now. all the bogans will be crying about "they are taking over our real estate"
Feel free to come over by boat to have a look at your property portfolio. Which no doubt includes the Harbour Bridge.

Last edited:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Smith was poor in Bangladesh as well. Bangladesh bowlers have his number.
This is something I'd like to address. If you look at Smith's most recent series failures - against Bangladesh in 2017 and then South Africa in 2018, both series followed in relatively close proximity to a gigantic series against a more important foe. Before Bangladesh it was India and before South Africa it was England.

Now Smith's true weakness is fatigue. Look at his average batting first vs batting second. Reportedly he doesn't sleep much at all during a test. He still hasn't scored a 4th innings century. Before the SA series Smith had a woeful ODI series against England. It's definitely fair to say that he was fatigued by then with the gigantic summer he had and the burden of captaincy. This is one area where Kohli is way ahead of Smith - he never seems to tire.

Australia should never make Smith captain again, for his sake and for the sake of the team. They should also hit him with a tranquilizer every night of a test.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I can picture Langer being forced to use the tranq gun as Smith desperately races in his pads for one last midnight nets session

the big bambino

International Captain
we are going to own australia in 15 years, like the chinese do now. all the bogans will be crying about "they are taking over our real estate"
Frankly I enjoy the property bubbles caused by OS investors. I look forward to selling the same asset a third time.

akilana

International 12th Man
This is something I'd like to address. If you look at Smith's most recent series failures - against Bangladesh in 2017 and then South Africa in 2018, both series followed in relatively close proximity to a gigantic series against a more important foe. Before Bangladesh it was India and before South Africa it was England.

Now Smith's true weakness is fatigue. Look at his average batting first vs batting second. Reportedly he doesn't sleep much at all during a test. He still hasn't scored a 4th innings century. Before the SA series Smith had a woeful ODI series against England. It's definitely fair to say that he was fatigued by then with the gigantic summer he had and the burden of captaincy. This is one area where Kohli is way ahead of Smith - he never seems to tire.

Australia should never make Smith captain again, for his sake and for the sake of the team. They should also hit him with a tranquilizer every night of a test.
Waahh

Burgey

Yes, it's another pathetic infestation by otherwise nondescript neophyte posters ruining an otherwise decent discussion.

TheJediBrah

Yes, it's another pathetic infestation by otherwise nondescript neophyte posters ruining an otherwise decent discussion.
Yeah I don't mind a bit of intercontinental banter but this has just been boring, not funny, inaccurate and I agree that pathetic is probably the best word to describe it