• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in West Indies 2019

Flem274*

123/5
jerome taylor and fidel edwards are so much better than gabriel

roach tho, could yet make a late claim at top 5 in the world if he can stay fit. lost his speed but seems pretty damn clinical these days.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
jerome taylor and fidel edwards are so much better than gabriel

roach tho, could yet make a late claim at top 5 in the world if he can stay fit. lost his speed but seems pretty damn clinical these days.
Statistically Gabriel is way ahead of those two. Fidel and Jerome always looked good and had moments but ultimately had ordinary test careers. Gabriel has averaged 20 with the ball for the last 2 years and has a good test record.

He doesn't always look great and has his off spells but ultimately gets a good amount of wickets and roughs a lot of batsmen up.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Do you remember Dwight Washington? That was the biggest let down of a debut. We were sold Joel Garner and got something closer to Sulieman Benn!
I do, he is the Jamaican, right?

I saw him when he came to play a Carib Beer 4-day game with Jamaica at my home ground.

Jamaica was strong back then...Gayle, Hinds, Powell, Samuels

Beamer

I do, he is the Jamaican, right?

I saw him when he came to play a Carib Beer 4-day game with Jamaica at my home ground.

Jamaica was strong back then...Gayle, Hinds, Powell, Samuels
That's the one. 6 feet 9, looked for all the world as if he would be terrifying. Then when he got to the crease his action would collapse and the ball would come down at 75-80 mph.

Beamer

Tbh I'm really not worried about our pace bowling stocks for the decades to come. There is an absolute plethora of talented pace bowlers. Our Under 19 competition alone unearthed at least 8 highly promising seamers, a couple of whom are clearly outstanding (Forde and Simmons).

I am, however, worried about our batting. There is simply nothing on the horizon. The Under 19's all really struggled against good pace bowling on bouncy pitches in St Vincent. I couldn't name one batsman who would definitely represent Windies in the future.

Beamer

Taylor at his best was vicious. Should've had a much better career than he ultimately did.
He was my favorite for a long time. His action was poetry in motion, he could swing and cut the ball both ways. He was guilty of trying out two many things rather than sticking to line and length and he was also lazy when it came to fitness. He has had a decent career but nowhere near as good as it should have been.

Fidel is a similar story though I feel we have abandoned him too early. He has been outstanding for Hampshire for at least 3 years and combines 145kph pace with swing and a decent line and length. Whereas we had the 157kph wonky bowling machine version for years as he learned his craft and overdid the short ball before abandoning him when he was hitting his peak.

Cow Corner

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Fidel is a similar story though I feel we have abandoned him too early. He has been outstanding for Hampshire for at least 3 years and combines 145kph pace with swing and a decent line and length. Whereas we had the 157kph wonky bowling machine version for years as he learned his craft and overdid the short ball before abandoning him when he was hitting his peak.
Not quite. He used to bowl 140, maybe 145 at best and now bowls 130 for Hampshire. Still a very good bowler though.

Beamer

Not quite. He used to bowl 140, maybe 145 at best and now bowls 130 for Hampshire. Still a very good bowler though.
I have videos of Fidel in Windies colours bowling at 157kph. Also at 150kph against England. He was very very fast.

Can only comment on his TV appearances for Hampshire but he was up at 145kph on TV. Admittedly not in the county championship though, where I have no idea how quick he is.

a massive zebra

International Captain
I would be interested to hear Beamer's opinion on Shai Hope. He appears to have plenty of ability and a solid technique. His one day record is excellent, but he has now played 30 Tests and with the exception of one Test he has made just 1.220 runs @ 23.02. Surely he has the ability to develop a career of a similar stature to the likes of Kraigg Brathwaite or Roston Chase and should be averaging about 10 more than he has?

SillyCowCorner1

That's the one. 6 feet 9, looked for all the world as if he would be terrifying. Then when he got to the crease his action would collapse and the ball would come down at 75-80 mph.
I remember his debut lol...
Was there also an Orlando Washington? Wait, it's Orlando Peters..Kenroy Peters!

Beamer

I would be interested to hear Beamer's opinion on Shai Hope. He appears to have plenty of ability and a solid technique. His one day record is excellent, but he has now played 30 Tests and with the exception of one Test he has made just 1.220 runs @ 23.02. Surely he has the ability to develop a career of a similar stature to the likes of Kraigg Brathwaite or Roston Chase and should be averaging about 10 more than he has?
He's a conundrum. In another era he would have been dropped ages ago and told to pile up FC runs. But we have no batting competition to speak of, so we just have to keep him in the side until he performs as he can consistently.

His technique and skill should lead to a 40 plus average like he has in FC cricket. He just finds ways to get out. I really hope he gets it together soon, we really need him.

Beamer

I remember his debut lol...
Was there also an Orlando Washington? Wait, it's Orlando Peters..Kenroy Peters!
Kenroy! I remember him, he played against South Africa after a decade of taking wickets at FC level. I watched him play Under 19 cricket against England in the same side as Devon Smith. Jimmy Anderson was also there.

Frankly, the two stand out players in that series by a mile were Devon and Kenroy. Shame it didn't turn out better or them.

Kenroy was a very skillful left arm seamer. He was ignored during his better years as he didn't have enough pace. I can't help but feel he would have been better than many of those we tried like Lionel Baker.

SillyCowCorner1

Kenroy! I remember him, he played against South Africa after a decade of taking wickets at FC level. I watched him play Under 19 cricket against England in the same side as Devon Smith. Jimmy Anderson was also there.

Frankly, the two stand out players in that series by a mile were Devon and Kenroy. Shame it didn't turn out better or them.

Kenroy was a very skillful left arm seamer. He was ignored during his better years as he didn't have enough pace. I can't help but feel he would have been better than many of those we tried like Lionel Baker.
Speaking of that series, I believe our very own Narsingh Deonarine was there...star batsman

Ulzan69

Banned
Here in Bombay 10 pm
my Limit, i can not watch
live game after lunch ~too late
nearly 05 am next day 90 overs will be completed.i can watch from 4 am if Ashwin on Hattrick.i wish india pick him tomorrow on
spinners wicket

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
So glad Roach is finally getting the sort of recognition he deserves. Always been a fan, both of skiddy hostile Roach mk 1 and wily and skillful Roach mk 2