• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at Headingley, Leeds

wrongun

Banned
He’s like a really mediocre, left handed Mark Waight
Wonder if Langer would have the guts to drop him when SS comes back. Something tells me, Wade would sacrificed to the Aussie selection Gods, but I actually would not mind Khawaja.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wonder if Langer would have the guts to drop him when SS comes back. Something tells me, Wade would sacrificed to the Aussie selection Gods, but I actually would not mind Khawaja.
Marnus at five and Head down to six in that scenario I guess?

Uppercut

I'd still lean towards dropping Wade. Looking decent then getting out is much more annoying than looking terrible than getting out, but you have to think the former is more likely to come good.

morgieb

Everything about the way Head plays tells me I should not like or rate him, but I do
His technique isn't really Test standard but his batting IQ and eye very much is. I wouldn't want to see him bat Top 4 but he's a perfect 5/6.

Spark

Global Moderator
Everything about the way Head plays tells me I should not like or rate him, but I do
Yeah it's the opposite for me. He's done well, and has a lot going for him. But I just can't get over the way he plays yet.

He's certainly shown enough ticker to be persisted with though, with the hope that these problems iron out with more experience in tough conditions. I do like that he's clearly willing to actually solve problems directly rather than just #intent or #naturalgame-ing to oblivion.

Last edited:

Burgey

Yeah it's the opposite for me. He's done well, and has a lot going for him. But I just can't get over the way he plays yet.

He's certainly shown enough ticker to be persisted with though, with the hope that these problems iron out with more experience in tough conditions. I do like that he's clearly willing to actually solve problems directly rather than just #intent or #naturalgame-ing to oblivion.
Ideal six at this stage really.

wrongun

Banned
His technique isn't really Test standard but his batting IQ and eye very much is. I wouldn't want to see him bat Top 4 but he's a perfect 5/6.
So far, he has shown the application to be a test batsmen, which is funny considering I watched him hit one of the longest sixes at Wankhede for RCB in the IPL. Time and time again, in the UAE, vs India etc he has shown some good concentration which can often compensate for the lack of superior technique.