• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at Headingley, Leeds

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
****. Decent shot off the mark. I don’t recall him being so fluent when he last played. He’s like a different player.

Marcuss will be very proud of his youngest

Spark

Global Moderator
****. Decent shot off the mark. I don’t recall him being so fluent when he last played. He’s like a different player.

Marcuss will be very proud of his youngest
He made a decent innings in the UAE but I have literally no recollection of any of it.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If you lose this test, surely the time to do it is for OT. Blood these blokes and give them the rest of the series and the winter tour. You might only find one long termer of the three, but you’re works towards something.

Australia has been really keen on the quick fix as well. Doesn’t work 9 times out of ten
I've noticed that they don't really back themselves to improve batsmen. When someone struggles for a while there's always talk of "letting them get back to the county championship to get their head right/iron out some technical issues". You also hear a lot that the pressure and exposure of failing at test level can ruin their confidence, so it's best to give them time to develop. Getting someone in young and trying to work them into a test class batsman isn't really part of the culture.

Almost no one is good at test batting the first time they try it. So to make it, batsmen either need to be either amazing enough that their early games are acceptable, or they need an early run of luck or flat wickets that buys them time to adapt.