• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at Headingley, Leeds

hazsa19

International Regular
Ashes gone in one hour and 18 minutes of stupidity. I mean they’ve bowled well, but we’ve gifted it on a platter.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
this isn't a selector issue

there is nothing in county cricket to make this xi better
I do wonder if this has something to do with all the overseas and kolpak players being either top order batsmen (hence your surfeit of no 6's and lack of top order options) and opening bowlers (hence your latest bowling sensation learned their cricket on overseas pitches). The rubbish scheduling that misses the best part of the season would be a further hindrance.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Man I'm going to miss watching test cricket all day and ruining tour threads like a ****ing bum

ImpatientLime

International Regular
Pope being ignored? Roy being expected to succeed as a test opener? Those are selector issues. Is your point that they are forced to make funky decisions due to a lack of batting options in county cricket?
pope has been injured and only just come back before he got that score earlier in the week. i mean sure pick him but for someone as inexperienced as him, i don't see him putting up numbers against this attack in these conditions.

roy was probably worth a gamble. since strauss retired we've picked a long list of guys who put runs up in domestic cricket like sibley and were nowhere good enough at international level. lyth, carberry, robson, compton, jennings etc. but again sure give sibley a go but don't expect him to succeed.

Neptune

State Vice-Captain
Yes we’ve been crap, but let’s give the Australian bowlers some credit. They’ve bowled phenomenally this morning.

morgieb

I do wonder if this has something to do with all the overseas and kolpak players being either top order batsmen (hence your surfeit of no 6's and lack of top order options) and opening bowlers (hence your latest bowling sensation learned their cricket on overseas pitches). The rubbish scheduling that misses the best part of the season would be a further hindrance.
I think this is a good reason as to why India seem to be one of the few sides who can actually bat. Because the IPL is after the usual domestic season, they don't need to make compromises with regard to FC scheduling like Australia and England.

trundler

Jeez Haze is bowling really well. And by that I do not mean a few feet short but aesthetically pleasant

King Pietersen

International Captain
Yes we’ve been crap, but let’s give the Australian bowlers some credit. They’ve bowled phenomenally this morning.
They have, but you don't help yourself when two of the batsmen woft the bat at wide ones and your opener flaps at a short one.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
It will be great if Labuschagne gets a few wickets in the 4th innings if it turns later. His innings stands out so much in this match (Warner did well, but could have been dismissed far earlier).

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
pope has been injured and only just come back before he got that score earlier in the week. i mean sure pick him but for someone as inexperienced as him, i don't see him putting up numbers against this attack in these conditions.

roy was probably worth a gamble. since strauss retired we've picked a long list of guys who put runs up in domestic cricket like sibley and were nowhere good enough at international level. lyth, carberry, robson, compton, jennings etc. but again sure give sibley a go but don't expect him to succeed.

I feel loke some of these were picked past their pek (Carberry and Lythe come to mind) f never given a fair shake to grow into the position (Jennings, Haseeb) I feel it might be important to go back to one of the latter and hope they grow into the joeventually like Cook did