• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at Headingley, Leeds

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
When the 2nd highest average in your side is 36 (Bairstow) and there’s a pronounced seam on the Dukes the biggest surprise is that England has topped 200 earlier in this series.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
England's batting is shocking. They were owned by us in the Caribbean and are being owned here. I think they need a re-think. Root at 4. Roy out. Denly out. Pope in. An opener in with a decent technique (don't know if that exists). Butler in tests is severely overrated and should be under pressure also.

Burns
AN Opener
Pope
Root
Stokes
Butler (on probation)
Bairstow
Archer
Broad
Leach
Anderson (Woakes when Jimmy isn;t fit)

Feels like England will have an excellent attack for a long time but they desperately need to sort their batting out. Not sure I rate England's selectors, they're giving ours a run for their money.
this isn't a selector issue

there is nothing in county cricket to make this xi better

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
this isn't a selector issue

there is nothing in county cricket to make this xi better
Pope being ignored? Roy being expected to succeed as a test opener? Those are selector issues. Is your point that they are forced to make funky decisions due to a lack of batting options in county cricket?

Burner

International Regular
Ponting seems to me like someone who takes whatever he does very seriously and probably takes commentary with that seriousness unlike the blokes that are there to have a good time and think they can wing it.