• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Test, Lord's, London

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Depends on if Smith actually broke his arm or not. If it's only concussion he's still in trouble for the third Test but will be back for Tests 4/5.

And Australia only need one more win if this Test is a draw to retain the Ashes.
His arm his fine. He wouldn't have been able to come out and play that back foot cover drive with a broken left forearm.
Am worried Archer has Smith's number
It's Smith though. If he sees he has a weakness he'll conquer it. Wouldn't surprise me if next Test Archer does the same thing and Smith handles it with ease.

Burgey

Everyone, seemingly Joe Root included, forgets that he's a thing and can't bring themselves to realise that he's actually good.
He’s the best player on either side aside from Smith. Cummins third.

morgieb

He's out for the third test if he's concussed, the official protocol rules him out for a period longer than the break between the games
Yeah I suspected that was the case, wasn't completely certain it was in writing though. Makes sense that it is though.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
His arm his fine. He wouldn't have been able to come out and play that back foot cover drive with a broken left forearm.

It's Smith though. If he sees he has a weakness he'll conquer it. Wouldn't surprise me if next Test Archer does the same thing and Smith handles it with ease.
If he has a hairline fracture and pain killing injections he could bat for a short period quite normally.

TheJediBrah

This has all been great fight from the Aussies though, batting around Smith. The days of #intent seem long ago now.